LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    ...The head sensei was dorking as many aiki babes as he could, and he was in his 50s (yes, I was jealous!)..
    I've got to admit, there's something pretty addictive about aikibabes (read: soccer moms) calling you sensei and hanging off your every word.

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I managed to **** a few girls from the Judo club, whilst making sure no one called me sensei. In fact I made it clear to the top 1st kyu to not go 'sensei ne rei' when kicking things off.

Then again if you're a portly 50 year old Aikjoker, you probably need all the help you can get to tap chicks.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I managed to **** a few girls from the Judo club, whilst making sure no one called me sensei. In fact I made it clear to the top 1st kyu to not go 'sensei ne rei' when kicking things off.

Then again if you're a portly 50 year old Aikjoker, you probably need all the help you can get to tap chicks.
    This, pretty much. My head Aikido instructor was one of those traditionalist type dudes with a shinto shrine at his house and tatami flooring with shoji walls.

If Ashida Kim did Aikido, and was also a maths teacher - that was my Instructor.
    He never pursued the 'Aikibabes', being married with children, etc.. So I was happy to fill that Dojo role ^^

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido is still a personality cult built around their coach. I don't mind a bit of a coach idolisation, because I and the club idolise our coach a fair bit. The key difference being our coach has verfiable international Judo record whereas the Aikijoker has chero and acts as if he's the second coming of jesus christ.

I'll carry on inviting them to sparring sessions and making jokes about them until them man up and take us on.
    Does Aikijoker wear face paint and have green hair?

Don't hold your breath on the joint training, they are too concerned for your welfare to show up.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it meant they actually chilled our shared room and we pointed out that this was dangerous. Artifically chilling the room and meaning increase injury potential for people actually doing exercise.
    O rly? How

PS how do fast track to aikido senseidom?

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I've got to admit, there's something pretty addictive about aikibabes (read: soccer moms) calling you sensei and hanging off your every word.
    I didn't allow anyone to call me sensei, now it's unavoidable. Some people seem to get a thrill from using the word. My japanese instructor, who was a All Japan weight class champ and got a silver medal in the '75 world championships, refused adamantly to let anyone call him sensei, so who am I to be "sensei".

When I was teaching at Tulane U., I was just "Ben" or "coach". As I had USA Judo coach certifications and had signed on to the ethics code, fucking students was frowned upon. Every now and then we would get chicks who got turned on by wrestling with guys, it was pretty obvious what was going on. I'd just stay away from them and let the kyu grades chase them around. Too much drama for me. It was very tempting, though, and I have to admit I did succumb once, but I thought she was marriage material. Oh, how wrong I was.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 10:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Does Aikijoker wear face paint and have green hair?

Don't hold your breath on the joint training, they are too concerned for your welfare to show up.

Ben
    I can't shake the image of the guys at the Aikido club discussing this. Legit comedy sketch material.

Also, I allowed them to call me Sensei (even though the more correct term is probably Sempei), despite both terms being ego-fuelled and obnoxious.
    That's right. I was a whore.
    Last edited by Colin; 4/12/2011 10:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 10:48pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slightly related story. When I was doing Aikido for a while in college (much to my eternal anger I recently found out, via Omega, that an awesome Sambo/Judo guy was like 10 minutes away from my campus but I never knew it, God damn early search engine days) I trained at a small dojo with guys who were more in the Aikijujutsu vein (i.e. slightly, and I do mean slightly, less pussyfied) but there was also a college Aikido club filled with....you guessed it....complete pussies. The main guy I knew who trained with them was a tall, doughy, pasty white guy who walked around campus wearing those renaissance fair elf boots that lace up, a thin leather head band, and sometimes a cape. That pretty much told me all I needed to know about them.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    It looks like I'm reading my own dairy or something.
    How does that work? Is the a picture of you with a phone number underneath on the side of a carton or something?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 11:57pm

Style: Taekkyon/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Every now and then we would get chicks who got turned on by wrestling with guys, it was pretty obvious what was going on.
    These chicks delayed my cross-training in Judo for an year.
    After 1+ year of Aikido, I wanted to start training in a practical martial art (JUDO!!!) along with Aikido. I went into observe a Judo class, only to find bunch of chicks who were having too much fun doing newaza with guys or giggling madly as they fell on top of the guys with poorly executed throws. I got disgusted with the foolery and didn't return to Judo club till 4 months ago. However, it turns out the day I went in for an observation was one day out of the ordinary where things ran amok. Oh all the Judo I could have done for the year...
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast