Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main thing that gets me is the fact that Fedor was turning over to Henderson when the fight was stopped. A stoppage is usually enforced when somebody is not able to intelligently defend themselves. Fedor was turning over to a more defensive position when the fight was stopped.

Don't give me that bullshit about "He probably would have finished him anyways". Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard was not that long ago.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Nogueira (who beat Dan Henderson twice!)
    Lol wut?

No counting twins as the same person

Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 3:15am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The man was unconscious!!!! he only woke after Dan punched him twice more (while the ref already stopped the fight) , him turning to his back was after the ref pulled Dan from him, and you can see Feoudor grabbing the ref's leg all confused. His chin weakened from too many hits, he became a glass jaw like Chuck and Arlovski to name a few. And i still think he always was a "big fish in a small pond" champ, though he did have some mad abilities to continue fighting while getting alot of punishment. He used to have ( against less skilled fighters) a beautiful boxing offense, but when you fight someone that knows your tricks, you better have a plan B, and a good defense.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 4:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    The man was unconscious!!!! he only woke after Dan punched him twice more (while the ref already stopped the fight) , him turning to his back was after the ref pulled Dan from him, and you can see Feoudor grabbing the ref's leg all confused. His chin weakened from too many hits, he became a glass jaw like Chuck and Arlovski to name a few. And i still think he always was a "big fish in a small pond" champ, though he did have some mad abilities to continue fighting while getting alot of punishment. He used to have ( against less skilled fighters) a beautiful boxing offense, but when you fight someone that knows your tricks, you better have a plan B, and a good defense.
    It's still STFU!

Fedor got robbed!
    I'm not saying that he would have won the fight, but the referee stoppage was too soon, there should have been a foul stoppage because of the illegal hits to the back, Henderson should have gotten a warning and Fedor a 5 minute time-out AND then the fight should have been continued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 5:59am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Is this guy for real?

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 6:01am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    If he was gonna stop the fight for a knock down punch like that to Fedor, he should've stopped the fight when Fedor Knocked down Hendo.
    Yeah exactly, It would be like stopping every boxing match when you get a knockdown.

We all saw what happened in the Kongo vs Barry fight. As far as i'm concerned the fight was stopped too soon.

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 6:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I was as inconsolable as everyone else, but the stoppage was right and proper. To extend a metaphor used earlier, Fedor's sun has set.

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 6:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diaz vs Daley.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 7:20am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch fedor's left arm during the slow motion replay. He go rocked and flopped forward, and as hendo was punching him in the back of the head, fedor was moving his left arm up and forward to roll himself over to face henderson. He was rocked, but i don't think he was out.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 8:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He appeared to be unconscious and not defending himself. I don't fault the ref. If you determine someone is out, you don't sit there and wait to see if they're going to wake up. You step in. That's what he did and it was the correct action. Fedor didn't move until after the ref was already stepping in. Good stoppage.
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast