Our Sponsors:

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 10:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Seriously are you really this dumb or is this an act?
    He is. IMO he is one of the biggest morons on Bullshido.

About the stoppage, well I think it was premature. Fedor fell down, but he started rolling after those illegal shots from Henderson.

I can see why Dean stopped it though.

Anyway, I don't like the way Fedor is fighting nowadays. He seems to lost some speed and accuracy, so his trademark rush looks pretty uncoordinated and sloppy to me. It seems like he is always trying for a one shot knockout.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 10:17am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the fight was stopped prematurely, but not a blatant mistake by the ref. I can see why he stopped it.

The fight that I really liked was Coenen - Tate. That fight was really good, and the ending impressive.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the whole argument that Fedor was never really tested is bullshit, for the most part. I was thinking about this in the car on my way to the gym this morning, and came up with the same list... Randleman, Nogueira, CroCop. None of those guys were easy opponents back then.

If anything, the sport has kind of evolved past Fedor over the last 5 years. Well, maybe. He used to be a world-class submission guy, but now almost everyone at that level has a moderate level of submission ability. And his looping punches, while powerful and accurate, are able to be countered by straight punches down the center line. When Fedor was destroying everyone, MMA was very skeptical of pure boxing and how boxing could supplement a fighter's arsenal. Now that everyone sees the value of boxing, even your average fighters are showing impressive ability to stand and box in the pocket, and countering/slipping/evading/etc.

I don't know. That's what I can come up with. I'll always be a Fedor fan, though. His humility and demeanor does more for me than him continuing to win fights.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, that was most definitely an early stoppage. I wasn't rooting for either fighter, but I wish it hadn't ended that way.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 11:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a good stoppage. Fedor was unconscious. It was a flash knockout, but the ref was already stepping in when he regained consciousness.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he was gonna stop the fight for a knock down punch like that to Fedor, he should've stopped the fight when Fedor Knocked down Hendo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 4:21pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you can see Fedor go limp for a split second, but knowing Fedor's chin, I would've let it gone on longer too. I was surprised to see the stoppage, but rewatching it, you can see it. It's a split second decision on the Ref's part, and he has to make it. It's kind of shitty and early, but I can understand it. Besides, that's Hendo on top of him. Hendo probably is the one person who needs his hands registered as lethal weapons of mass destruction.

What I don't understand is that Fedor, who came here to train with Ernesto Hoost (!) both keeps his hands low and ducks down to punch. Did he not pay attention or something? I know Dutch to Russian is probably hard to translate, but I've seen him train in person and it doesn't seem like there was any sort of miscommunication about anything regarding training.

Even the Sun goes up only to go down again.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 4:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    What I don't understand is that Fedor, who came here to train with Ernesto Hoost (!) both keeps his hands low and ducks down to punch. Did he not pay attention or something? I know Dutch to Russian is probably hard to translate, but I've seen him train in person and it doesn't seem like there was any sort of miscommunication about anything regarding training.
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    Even the Sun goes up only to go down again.
    Truth

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    What should the ref do about those illegal hits? I wouldn't want a disqualification win because the fight was exciting.
    On the other hand, should the referee just order them to stop, order both to be on their feet(after warning Hendo) and let the fight continue? (is this possible/legally allowed by the referee? )
    I'm just asking, I don't know the rules very well...

If the referee did the later (break them and have them continue the fight), would it feel like Hendo was robbed?
    What if hendo was in Fedor's position? Would you compalin about Fedor's illegal shots?

How often are fights get stopped due to illegal hits? I have the impression, not many times the rules are enforced strictly.
    Don't quote me on this, but I feel like they should've handled it like a groin shot (both illegal hits) Stand it up give him up to 5 minutes to recover and restart the fight. Give the person who scored the illegal hit a warning and deduct points if it happens again. If he can't continue in 5 minutes rule a No Contest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 6:33pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    What should the ref do about those illegal hits? I wouldn't want a disqualification win because the fight was exciting.
    On the other hand, should the referee just order them to stop, order both to be on their feet(after warning Hendo) and let the fight continue? (is this possible/legally allowed by the referee? )
    I'm just asking, I don't know the rules very well...

If the referee did the later (break them and have them continue the fight), would it feel like Hendo was robbed?
    What if hendo was in Fedor's position? Would you compalin about Fedor's illegal shots?

How often are fights get stopped due to illegal hits? I have the impression, not many times the rules are enforced strictly.
    The only thing you really can do is give the offended time to recover, warn or deduct points from the offender, and restart them.

In the case of Hendo getting robbed in that situation, no there would be no feeling like that. Hendo commited a foul, fouls aren't rewarded nor is it unfair to take an opportunity away when it was ill-gotten.

Foul is foul, if it was Fedor who landed the punches it would be just as bad.

I'll all for stopping a fight 1 punch early over 1 punch late, but that was too quick.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast