Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 5:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    i think Feudor was an over rated fighter. He was pampered by organized crime families in Russia, his fights where hand picked for him, and truth be told i wont be shocked to hear they were fixed too. Only now we can see that he isn't actually such a perfect fighter after all, he drops his hands when striking, confident of his chin...well either something happened to that chin or he isn't all that he was said to be. people said that if he would just drop some weight he would fight fighters his own size for a change, well they are also much quicker as Dan showed us. Any way, he is over.. he can make some more money fighting freaks and has beens i guess, a fight with Randy could be nice. Maybe even chuck liddle would want a chance.
    Shut the **** up.

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 5:26am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poor stoppage - Fedor was rocked by the uppercut but he was'nt given any time to recover.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 7/31/2011 5:31am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 5:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wanted to think that it was an early stoppage, but i find it really hard to imagine that dan wouldn't land more hard punches while fedor was down and dazed.

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 5:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor spent some considerable time under the mount of the titanically enormous Silva getting punched in the face, coming out of it looking like hamburger, and never quit.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt as far as "being able to sustain damage" is concerned and would have given him some more time to escape Henderson's admittedly excellent ground striking.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 6:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if i was the ref i would have waited a little longer too.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 7:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that was more of a knockdown punch than a knockout punch... if that makes sense.

But oh man, that was electric.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my problem with what happened was that henderson landed two huge bombs to the back of fedor's head immediately after it hitting the mat, which are illegal hits. I'm not saying this would have definitely changed anything, but they were illegal hits, and there's no doubt they did damage. Just my opinion tho.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 9:00am

Style: Work got in the way

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by risingphoenix73 View Post
    my problem with what happened was that henderson landed two huge bombs to the back of fedor's head immediately after it hitting the mat, which are illegal hits. I'm not saying this would have definitely changed anything, but they were illegal hits, and there's no doubt they did damage. Just my opinion tho.
    What should the ref do about those illegal hits? I wouldn't want a disqualification win because the fight was exciting.
    On the other hand, should the referee just order them to stop, order both to be on their feet(after warning Hendo) and let the fight continue? (is this possible/legally allowed by the referee? )
    I'm just asking, I don't know the rules very well...

If the referee did the later (break them and have them continue the fight), would it feel like Hendo was robbed?
    What if hendo was in Fedor's position? Would you compalin about Fedor's illegal shots?

How often are fights get stopped due to illegal hits? I have the impression, not many times the rules are enforced strictly.
    Last edited by driver; 7/31/2011 9:04am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 9:16am

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor had to scramble on his back due to blows to the back on his head. That's BS.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    i think Feudor was an over rated fighter. He was pampered by organized crime families in Russia, his fights where hand picked for him, and truth be told i wont be shocked to hear they were fixed too. Only now we can see that he isn't actually such a perfect fighter after all, he drops his hands when striking, confident of his chin...well either something happened to that chin or he isn't all that he was said to be. people said that if he would just drop some weight he would fight fighters his own size for a change, well they are also much quicker as Dan showed us. Any way, he is over.. he can make some more money fighting freaks and has beens i guess, a fight with Randy could be nice. Maybe even chuck liddle would want a chance.
    Seriously are you really this dumb or is this an act?

Fedor beat the big names during career. Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylivia, Arloski, Nogueira (who beat Dan Henderson twice!)

Bottomline you don't know what the **** you are talking about.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast