Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 7:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Groin Guards?

Hey guys... maybe the wrong place to ask but can you recommend a good, comfortable metal groin guard please?

Also how do the sizes work? Is it the size of my waist or the size of my junk? lol

Cheers,

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found that with supporters (i.e. jock straps) you want to get a size larger than the advertised size; there's a lot of elastic in those things, and wearing the "correct" size can be very uncomfortable. As for the cup itself, I have no experience with metal.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by p0tter View Post
    Hey guys... maybe the wrong place to ask but can you recommend a good, comfortable metal groin guard please?

Also how do the sizes work? Is it the size of my waist or the size of my junk? lol

Cheers,
    It's the size of your waist. All of the cups are the same size except for the Child/Adult distinction.

I'm afraid we'll need one of the Muay Thai folks to weigh in on a metal cup for you. I use a flex cup that is rubber and definitely not suited to striking. Two of the MT guys that train at our gym wear these: http://www.cagesidemma.com/camuthstcup.html but I totally couldn't give you an evaluation of them compared to other metal cups.

Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:51am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use this one. The fit's pretty good, it was less than a week between the order and arrival, and you get the juvenile glee of having "THUNDER" written across your junk.

http://www.thunderfightgear.com/tfg/...1ot93apf5h77j4

Also, I highly recommend taking the strings out and just putting it in a jock strap.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 11/29/2012 10:55am at .