post....post....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2004 12:54pm

Style: karate,jujitsu,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont forget August too!
    Sensei K O'Connor 7th dan karate jitsu, 7th dan karate do, 6th dan jujitsu, 1st dan aikido,(director of Bushi Karate Jitsu Association, will be visiting the states from August 9th to the 22nd, to Run Seminars and visit clubs around PA.
    Mr O'Connor has been practicing MA's since 1968. He will be visiting many of his sensei friends from the USA. Ed naumowicz (jujitsu), Bob Cook (Goju Ryu), Denny Keech (jujitsu and grappling), Brad Hilderbrant (Koei Kan ), Grand Master Nenow (10th dan), Tom Hudako (TKD) and many more come together to stage the ultimate MMA Seminar
    Other U.K instructors are Dawn O'Connor (5th dan karate jitsu, 2nd dan aikido) and Mark Gerrard (4th dan karate, jujitsu and Iaido).

learn the principals of the devistating "soft punch", and apply to the elbow and kicks.
    understand the principals of aikido joining with the opponent.
    practice ki/chi applications, wrist locks,arm locks, throws.
    kicking; including roundhouse, reverse roundhouse and jumping back spinning roundhouse kicks.
    groundwork, sword work, jo staff..........

I'm gonna be there, who else wants to learn
    sensei oconnor teaches in UK,France,Kuwait,Romaniaand U.S. free of charge.
    BKJA USA will charge a small seminar fee
    contact the Mutt (Ed) who just got outta hospital guys.
    some of you visited his campground a few month ago

Posted On:
    5/28/2004 1:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn , Ed ...

How did the cutting go ? Heres wishing you a Speedy Recobery , take your Gensing !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2004 2:29pm

Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doshu, and this has to do with the Throwdown how?

This seminar you're posting about....this is in the UK? And all it's for is some Jujutsu Ryu I've never heard of, TKD and Goju Ryu?

No offense intended, but no thanks...I've done both Goju Ryu and TKD and been nothing but absolutely dissapointed with them both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2004 2:47pm

Style: Earth DragonMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kyoketsu:

you've been disappointed with SOME goju and TKD....You ain't met Cook or Tom H yet.they would change your opinion, post haste. And I don't mean by any foolish stuff like ass kicking, but if you "emptied your cup" you might see the real deal.....DEFINATELY NOT what most people expect. Trust me on this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2004 3:38pm

Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh I know bud,

I've seen good exponents from both arts...but it's most definitely a rarity on both counts.
    I'd be more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but judging from prior experience...neither art is exactly my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both quite a bit, in terms of the physical fitness and flexibility they gave me, but as a thourough self-defense minded person in my now adult days...I find neither to be so.

:)

I meant no offense, as I said already....and I'm always willing to "empty my cup" as you said (hell, I regularly spar with TKD students up the way)...but I still hold a high resignation on TKD.
    Goju, in my opinion is a better art overall out of the two, it fills the holes that TKD leaves en-masse in it's general curriculum.

Anyways, just clarifying my position.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415