Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2011 8:58am

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, just thought i'd mention that my wife and i crossfit, have rushfit, and use bas ruttens tapes.

Bas' tapes are the ****. Its fantastic for a person that is already accustomed to the fighting moves. I use these on the days when i want to work on cardio. I've noticed a huge improvement in my cardio. The only drawback that i can see with it is easy to get into bad habits like dropping your hands and not following through with hits if not balanced with some pad work or heavy bag training. My wife also mentioned that because she doesn't have the background in martial arts that i do she often has trouble following the combinations and more complicated movements. Its probably more suited to someone with previous experience in MA.

Crossfit - My wife wont go near it, she says its too hardcore for her. I agree, the moves in the wod's and other powerlifting exercises are sometimes overcomplicated and completely random. Its different and i enjoy doing it. Not bad for overall cardio and endurance not sure yet how it will affect my strength.

Rushfit- My wife absolutely loves it. She reckons that its alot harder than bas' tapes and can follow all the movements easily. I haven't done the circuits myself but in all honesty i think that for overall fitness this program is the most complete i have come across. not only does it provide the physical aspect of training, it also has directions for calculating nutritional intake and diet to match the training. She hasn't missed a training session for the last 4 weeks and i think that she will be sticking to this type of training for a while. She has made improvements in pushups, squats and flexibility. She is looking alot slimmer and has lost bodyfat rather than overall mass. She always looks fatigued at the end of the workouts, something which she doesn't get even when she useto do kettlebell training with me in the gym. Today when she was training she said "you should do this Ed, he's a champion so if you want to be a champion you have to train like one" (thats his slogan for the rushfit program) LOL.

Anyways goodluck everyone in your training.

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 5:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rushfit fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use Rushfit almost exclusively for fitness and body conditioning. It took me a while to work up to advanced.The intensity nearly killed me at first but it isn't boring and thats why I stuck with it. The warm up is a bit of a drag but hey it has to be done!

Posted On:
    10/03/2011 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kick boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heya fellers, super-fucking n00b here. Been lurking for a while before posting. I also own the Rushfit program and would love to try it. Only one question though. I've got no padding on the floor to protect my body. That means bones and joints. From what I gather, there is jumping, sprawling on the floor and **** involved. Any ideas how I am going to protect myself from getting injured while doing those excercises on the cold marble floor? Wearing shoes is an option of course.. but appart from that? any advice?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 8:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fin try buying a yoga mat or a small workout pad. They say at the most you need a 6' X 6' space.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 8:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NinBuKai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fin0867 View Post
    I've got no padding on the floor to protect my body. Any ideas how I am going to protect myself from getting injured while doing those excercises on the cold marble floor? Wearing shoes is an option of course.. but appart from that? any advice?
    You need to get padding on your floor. I don't know how shoes would help sprawling. If its marble a yoga mat probably won't do much, buy a thicker mat, do it somewhere else or use a different program.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Rushfit and its entirely possible you could do it on a marble floor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2012 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Started Rushfit about 2 weeks ago, it has been great. The workouts are hard, and the OP described them pretty accurately. I enjoy that a lot of equipment and space is not needed to complete the routines. The cardio is pretty awesome, and I have lost 5 pounds since starting (along with lower calorie intake).
    Overall, I think the program is worth it for someone looking to get into (or back into) a decent level of fitness. I am not looking to get super strong, but shedding some weight and being able to keep my wind longer (huge weakness of mine) is totally awesome.
    Also - GSP is hilarious. He obviously pisses off the trainer at some points with his random nonsense (not useless nonsense, just kind of out of place).

Posted On:
    1/22/2012 5:19am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been looking for a new routine lately. When I first came to Thailand I was still on a "super beginner get in shape for the first time" program combo of Couch to 5K + More Running + Some Jogging on top of that. I came to really enjoy my runs and made huge gains/losses in the form of the best endurance I've felt since childhood and dropping 50lb's, but due to injury and sickness (and a couple of moves around town, affecting where I could safely run) I got out of the habit.

After that initial stage I've been able to maintain my gains with various attempts at creating a home bodyweight routine (I have a perfect space for it, and have always really liked bodyweight exercises) by using different sites and things but I've never really been able to find something I liked enough and trusted enough (my homemade schemes are probably **** and I know it) to stick to. That, plus I wasn't sure if I wanted to gain strength or slim down meant that I often changed plans on the hour.

Having gone through a month of that and seen my formerly regular "1-2kg a week" loss rate stop and even gain 1kg in the past month got me to really focus. I realized I still am out to slim down and focus on endurance, but want something more than just running. After reading the comments on this site I've decided to try my hand at Rushfit. It'll take a few days (at least) to get but I'm pretty excited to try my hand and see where I am, what I can do and if I can recapture the "glory days" of rapid weight loss and endurance gains.

I don't have the dumbbells yet, but I figure I'll get them shortly before the videos/etc get here. Any suggestions for weight? I can now do about 2-3 unassisted pullups.

Posted On:
    2/04/2012 9:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In rushfit can one build muscle ? It says on the program to use light dumbbells in the range 2 lbs to 25 lbs. Can one really build muscle using these weights ? Please advise.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 2:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyuki-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after a long illness over the holidays i am using rushfit to get back into shape(i gained 20 pounds thanks to prednisone). i had gotten it last year and watched my 18 year old daughter (who also does martial arts) totally lean up and improve her performance while doing it.

it's the only video program i can stand to watch more than a few times.

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 4:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope I don't get popped for a minor necro, but I didn't want to start a new thread since this one was here...

I started Rushfit three weeks ago. I'm not a couch potato by any means, training BJJ at least three times a week and playing basketball with friends 1-2 times a week. I got Rushfit because of a "Wellness Initiative" going on at work (do a baseline of push-ups, leg lifts, ski jumps, dips, and suicides and then see how much your numbers improve after 12 weeks.). I really enjoyed the baseline testing (and the way I felt afterward) and wanted to add something to my workout routine that would help me improve my numbers so I could earn some free crap. I know that, ideally, the best way to improve would be to go to the gym, but with all the other demands of life, I just don't have the time to go. Did a little research and settled on Rushfit; I do a DVD in morning after I wake up.

I ordered the 6 DVD set. Unlike the OP, I loathe the Fight Conditioning Workout and have taken it out of the rotation, along with the Bonus DVD that has a Stretching Workout and a Balance Workout (if I'm going to wake up early to work out, I want to feel it and the bonus workouts are almost painless.). The Fight Conditioning workout does have some good exercises in it, but IMHO a) requires a gym floor, not the 24 sq ft puzzle mat I use, and b) outside of the core round, it doesn't produce that "oh sweet lord what a workout" feeling.

So, I rotate the remaining four DVDs (strength and endurance, full body conditioning, abs and core, and explosive power), doing my best to follow the schedule they send with the DVDs. I love these four workouts and am beginning to see results. Yesterday when I was getting ready for work, my wife looked at me and said, "Wow, those are new and interesting muscles." I haven't really been looking, but a 6 pack is beginning to burn through the thin layer of 36 year old blubber, and I can tell that everything else is toning up. In three weeks I've also lost 5 pounds. If that pace continues, I will be absolutely thrilled with the results.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to add to their routine if they couldn't get to a gym. The one drawback I can see is that this system will not result in cardio improvements unless you are just ridiculously out of shape to begin with.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast