• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/07/2011 10:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That "Any given Sunday" speech was horrible. I'd be pissed if someone was talking to me like that before a fight. Maybe it was because of the chicken **** comments around the same time that made it seem so bad. It just seemed so condescending towards the fighter. The guy is just such a douchebag. I'm sure Dana is loving it though. Makes Lesnar more popular as a piece of **** and hypes the JDS/Lesnar fight. Kind of like the GSP/Koscheck fight.

God this episode's fight was so bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2011 11:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    i think we are witnessing the decline of brock. my prediction is that in 5 years or less, brock will be out of the UFC, have an "autobiography" ghost written for him, and be coaching in a university wrestling program.
    I'm thinking more like 5 months. I think this is his last contracted fight....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 1:06am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    i think we are witnessing the decline of brock. my prediction is that in 5 years or less, brock will be out of the UFC, have an "autobiography" ghost written for him, and be coaching in a university wrestling program.
    He's already a step ahead of you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 2:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to disagree with a lot of the people here. I think Brock honestly thinks that by telling the fighters they suck and are worthless they will do better. I mean all anyone ever seems to say about him is that he is outclassed, overrated, and will be gone in a few years. If I had to bet, I'd say that he is motivated by those comments, and he thinks that is the best way to motivate fighters because that is what works for him.

The only reason I say this is because I'm the same way. I give strict instructions to coaches for any sport to insult me during training, during matches, and after matches. I just perform better that way. I can't comprehend how other people are motivated by anything else. With that being said, I realize the majority of people don't think the way that I do.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 7:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that aryan bastard copied my jew face fro style. what a ******, i'm gonna kick his ass!
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 8:13pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    The only reason I say this is because I'm the same way. I give strict instructions to coaches for any sport to insult me during training, during matches, and after matches. I just perform better that way. I can't comprehend how other people are motivated by anything else. With that being said, I realize the majority of people don't think the way that I do.
    And good coaches will realize what motivates a person and what doesn't. Look at how GSP coached his fighters last season, he had a different approach with each one depending on the fighter and his personality. Matt Serra was the same way. Being able to read the guys you're coaching and adjusting your style with each one can be a huge benefit because not everyone is going to react the same way. From the looks of things Lesnars "break them down" approach is already starting to alienate one of his fighters.

:)

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar looks like a Spitting Image cartoon of himself. He should have had that book written for him, before being humiliated by Cain. Heels are more fun, when it's not their actual personality IMO.

Posted On:
    4/09/2011 10:00am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Late to the party here, finally watched it on my DVR...

Lesnar is a fucking awful coach. Seriously, you'd think someone with his collegiate athletic background would know something about effective coaching/leadership, but alas he apparently does not.

JDS is fucking cool.

That fight was ****. Given how the assessments were done, I was expecting Javier to demonstrate some effective wrestling and get Chris to the ground (like his coach told him to in a previous scene) and then get an easy TKO. Instead, we got some half ass double leg attempts that were not followed through at all, an atrocious ashi guruma (although honestly it was so bad it could have meant to be something else), some shitty leg kicks, and otherwise ineffective striking. W T F.

Every season ends and I swear I'll never watch again. It's usually due to the rampant boydrama in the house that detracts from the fights, but the 2 fights so far have not been interesting at all.

Edit: Actually in Shamar's defense, I'm pretty he did exactly what the coaches told him too and I'm expecting bigger things on the next fight.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 10:52pm

Style: EBMAS\52 Blocks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sure seems that way.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12