Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 10:13pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    There's a difference between being willing to kill a person and being committed to killing a person. I wouldn't pull my weapon unless I was willing to kill a person. But that doesn't necessarily mean I've already decided to shoot when the weapon comes out.

If the weapon comes out, that just means I'm in a dangerous situation and I feel like the need for deadly force may be imminent to protect myself. But if the sight of the weapon de-escalates the situation, it's a win-win.

As far as safety goes, there's nothing unsafe about drawing your weapon unless you're an incompetent idiot. Drawing and pointing aren't the same thing.

I'm not a lawyer, so I won't sit here and argue the legal aspect. I will say from my limited training on the subject (concealed carry course is pretty much the extent) that I would feel comfortable drawing my weapon any time I felt threatened to the point that I thought it was possible I may need to shoot. That doesn't mean I stick it in some dude's ear but if I need it ready, I'll get it ready. I'm confident I could deal with any potential legal ramifications from a situation like that.
    I used to pull batons and torches on people to give them my serious version of **** off. but it was situation dependent

I have seen streetfights that go weapon to weapon. Someone will smsh a bottle somone else will pick up a stick they often ended in wave offs.

And my personal opinion on defensive gun based on nothing is it is like a fire extigusher. You use it to escape.

:)

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I used to pull batons and torches on people to give them my serious version of **** off. but it was situation dependent

I have seen streetfights that go weapon to weapon. Someone will smsh a bottle somone else will pick up a stick they often ended in wave offs.

And my personal opinion on defensive gun based on nothing is it is like a fire extigusher. You use it to escape.
    torches???

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/03/2011 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** no with all the small 9mm's or 40 cals out there why bother with that toy looking thing and you're right one shot is not a good bet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2011 10:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Save your money and don't be taken in by a gimmick! As previously stated, this isn't a new idea and if it was a good one, there would be a lot more produced.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 11:28am

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does the fact that it is "retro" mean that hipsters will be carrying them?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 2:18pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vashanka View Post
    Does the fact that it is "retro" mean that hipsters will be carrying them?
    The fact that it's “new style retro” would seem to support your theory, but I've never known a hipster to have any concern for security or self-defense. Think about it, how many thousands of “I'm having a party at [address] on [date] starting around [time]” posts have you seen in public portions of the internet—particularly on websites which are dedicated to creating false connections among strangers?

The reason I own a gun comes down to an incident which happened at a hipster party a few years ago...no violence occurred, but it was easy to see that there was nothing to prevent some seriously awful ****. That was my first and last hipster party, and I remember it for three reasons:
    1. The aforementioned near annihilation of about 50 drunk hipsters...and one sober, crippled, utterly non-hip guy.
    2. I actually got macho points because a hot chick thought my rant against light beer was funny, and it ruined some prick's bravado.
    3. Some people are such douches that they'll crash a party and try to make their drunk friend piss on a stranger's bed...I prevented that about half a dozen times that night.

That is the really funny thing about hipsters: they're so reluctant to actually stand up for themselves that a 5′7″, 140 pound cripple is an effective bouncer.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, what, some hipster showed up with a gun or something?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 9:26pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Good point. I've heard people make the statement before "Don't pull out a gun unless you know you're going to use it." I think that's complete bullshit. If you're able to use your gun as a deterrent instead of killing someone, then it's a good day.
    But unfortunately that mentality is also the cause of lots of people who have no business carrying a gun figuring they'll never have to use it, so they have no clue what to do when God forbid someone isn't scared away. Kind of like "I'm warning you - I know karate. These hands are lethal weapons!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 9:36pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW - we used to call those things "belly guns" because that's about all they're good for. Jam it into someone's belly and pull the trigger.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    So, what, some hipster showed up with a gun or something?
    A group of drunk, manifestly violent non-hipsters showed up and initiated an unarmed stand-off whilst blocking the only means of egress. At least one of their number was bleeding from having punched out the windows on the walk up.

This is the most information I've ever published about the incident. If you want, I'll PM you the specific sentence which led to my revelation.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast