221397 Bullies, 3701 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 109
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. CoreyLautischer is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 2:59pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pro MMA, brah

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight the kid. You'll probably be alot happier later in your life if you at least tried to stand up for yourself
  2. Eudemic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    461

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 3:05pm


     Style: Out of Practice

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sx5 View Post
    In the USA, the age if consent is 16 here, they have been doing stuff since 14, I merely suggested that as a way to get him to possibly back off. I didn't get in his face saying "UR A RAPIST"
    Age of consent, as I recall, applies to a minor consenting to an adult, right? 17 is still underage, isn't it?

    Are you actually friends with this girl? From the way you're talking you sound like you haven't got much respect for her. . .
  3. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,424

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 3:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    Age of consent, as I recall, applies to a minor consenting to an adult, right? 17 is still underage, isn't it?

    Are you actually friends with this girl? From the way you're talking you sound like you haven't got much respect for her. . .
    It depends on the State. In Michigan, once your sixteen, it's all gravy.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  4. Iainkelt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    539

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 4:33pm


     Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    Age of consent, as I recall, applies to a minor consenting to an adult, right? 17 is still underage, isn't it?

    Are you actually friends with this girl? From the way you're talking you sound like you haven't got much respect for her. . .
    No, and no. The laws on age of consent vary from state to state and often include an age gap to prevent high school kids (or high school age kids) from being labeled as kiddie rapers just because there was a 2-3 year age gap. There is still an age under which you can't consent to having sex with anyone, period. But those laws don't only apply to adults having relationships with minors, they can also apply to minors.

    So, in short, people need to read the statutory rape laws for their own state since there is no uniform law.
  5. donoraen is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    490

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 4:33pm


     Style: Limalama

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3 View Post
    Avoid the him, her and the fight, high school isn't forever. Trust me, none of this is worth it.
    QFT As someone who did some pretty stupid stuff over a girl and is only fresh out of highschool QFfuckingT
  6. Eudemic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    461

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 4:34pm


     Style: Out of Practice

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant more that because they're both minors the AoC shouldn't be an issue and they can keep engaging in physical romance without legal repercussion until one turns 18.
  7. CNagy is offline
    CNagy's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    997

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 4:40pm


     Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't read the thread at all, responding to the title. So you want self defense against sparring? Well, the number one rule of self defense is don't put yourself in dangerous situations. So in this case, you should focus on avoidance of sparring. There are any number of martial arts schools that you can join which are very adept at this practice.
  8. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,963

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 4:54pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Didn't read the thread at all, responding to the title. So you want self defense against sparring? Well, the number one rule of self defense is don't put yourself in dangerous situations. So in this case, you should focus on avoidance of sparring. There are any number of martial arts schools that you can join which are very adept at this practice.
    By not reading the thread you have done epic fail. Shame on your laziness.
  9. Iainkelt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    539

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 6:38pm


     Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    I meant more that because they're both minors the AoC shouldn't be an issue and they can keep engaging in physical romance without legal repercussion until one turns 18.
    No. That is not correct. At least not as a blanket statement of the law. To exaggerate the example, just because you're 17 (in other words, a minor) doesn't mean you can have sex with an 8yo without legal repercussion.
  10. Eudemic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    461

    Posted On:
    4/06/2011 7:08pm


     Style: Out of Practice

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    No. That is not correct. At least not as a blanket statement of the law. To exaggerate the example, just because you're 17 (in other words, a minor) doesn't mean you can have sex with an 8yo without legal repercussion.
    But in the context of this discussion?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.