Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Self Defense vs sparring?

I may get jumped on my return from spring break, I want to avoid it if I can but he will probably try to sucker punch me if I he can, kinda a showoff brawler everyone says I had about 3 months karate training 8 years ago but for all I know it could have been a Mcdojo. So I have a little training more then him at least, but he has fight experience.

What would be the best way to go about winning this thing if he does? I probably won't get a warning but should I try to distance myself and box him, or should I try to just back him up into a wall? Is the nose worth trying to break if I want to get a chance to get a few power hits in?

The guy is a major ***hole people tell me and say he does the wild haymakers but say he can take a LOT of punishment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 10:34pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a slightly odd post, but I'll assume you are serious.

How do you know this guy is planning on jumping you? Is this in a school setting (you mentioned spring break)? If it is, and you have some even semi reliable info then I would talk to the school.

If he does try to jump you, walk or run away if at all possible and call the cops. Seriously, don't try to go Cobra Kai on him, just run. Nobody gets tough guy street cred for taking a beating for no reason, or fighting for no reason for that matter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 11:17pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a friend and a video camera.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 11:19pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Get a friend and a video camera.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 11:53pm

Style: ukemi & tapping out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does this have to do with sparring?

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 12:04am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there by any chance a japanese handyman who works in your apartment building?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 12:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed combative art

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 months of the BEST martial arts training 8 years ago would not count for much. Especially if someone can legitimately say that this guy is tough. That means fight experience, which counts for a lot even among untrained dipshits.

A friend and a camera is a great idea. A can of mace might not hurt either. Spray him and run. Sissy move? Yeah, but so is getting your ass kicked.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 12:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sounds like a middle school or high school setting where the kids set up some of kind of "fight club" thing to establish their alpha male street cred douchebaggery. BTW kid, the girls think everyone who engages in this sort of thing is a moron but I guess most males have to deal with it. I just remembered one of the kids who was involved in this sort of thing back in the day in my school got his orbital bone in his face broken and suspended from school when engaging in this kind of tamfoolery. And when he got back from suspension his face was still half one huge bruise and all swollen like an alien for like a month.

Anyway, I really like the above suggestion to stay around friends with their cell phone cams ready to shoot. Try to get the guy on tape if he does attack you so you can press charges and get him in trouble legally and hopefully your little pack will keep him away. And if you really think you won't be able to just run away some Boxing training sure can't hurt.

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 6:06am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not a short term solution but join the wrestling team. Free training and useful skills.

Short term, avoid the idiot and hang with your friends. However I'm sure the young male testosterone overdose will override all the avoid the fight advice that everyone has given.

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 6:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buy a Hammer.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast