Don't tease us like that Fake!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 1:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't want to get into a myth vs. truth debate on steroids. Mayweather is an ass and a fight ducker. He is and was a great fighter. He became worried about that undefeated record and ducked Paqman.

I couldn't wait for this fight and I am disappointed that he didn't fight a guy who may have really tested him and IMO beat his ass.

Oh and I hope they win that lawsuit. They really misrepresented what Paqman said concerning the drug testing.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/06/2011 1:22pm at .

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 1:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't want to get into a myth vs. truth debate on steroids. Mayweather is an ass and a fight ducker. He is and was a great fighter. He became worried about that undefeated record and ducked Paqman.

I couldn't wait for this fight and I am disappointed that he didn't fight a guy who may have really tested him and IMO beat his ass.

Oh and I hope they win that lawsuit. They really misrepresented what Paqman said concerning the drug testing.
    Exactly.
    Because with "Olympic-style" testing, you would be cited for having diuretics in your system

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 1:55pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My problem is the difference of days. He agreed to 24 days Mayweather wanted 14. 10 days and you won't fight? If you delve deeper Mayweather wanted his testing stopped at 18 days and Manny's to continue up to the 14 day cut off.

Anyone that has a cursory knowledge of steroids understands cycles and the benefit within 30 days would be minimal. Also, he agreed to an immediate drug test after the fight as well. He would not be able to cycle off for any positive gain in that short period of time.

Masking agents would be the next excuse. Really? So, if he could mask them after the fight that same masking will work BEFORE the fight.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 4:28pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is basically repeating what's been said so far, but my first impression upon reading that was: Fight Ducking. Pure and simple.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think most Boxing fans know that this is the case..
    What makes it even more pathetic in my eyes is this:
    Pacquiao beating Mayweather is by no means a sure bet. No matter what you want to say about the guy, PBF is one of the most gifted, slickest fighters to grace the ring in the last decade.Despite this, the very fact that Manny even poses a legitimate threat is enough to keep Mayweather from climbing into the ring with him! He is such an arrogant sod, he won't even take a chance and challenge himself a bit.
    Putting your ass on the line when you know you might be facing a better fighter is part of what makes great champions. Floyd is unwilling to do that.
    He is probably thinking he will stall things a couple of years, hope that Manny loses a step and gets sidetracked from fighting because of all the politics he is involved in back home. Then, maybe, he will sign on the dotted line.
    He's probably going to jail anyways..so when he gets out in a couple of years he will be looking for a payday.
    That's just not a 'great' fighter in my opinion. And his actions outside the ring just makes it even harder to give him any respect.
    Personally, I hope he goes to jail, Manny retires while he is serving and when PBF gets out, he is not the fighter he was and he loses very badly to..someone.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

:)

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    The legal team for welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao filed a motion for default and dismissal this week in the boxer's defamation lawsuit against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Pacquiao's representatives, Daniel Petrocelli and David Marroso, filed the motion Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Nevada. They are seeking a default judgment because Mayweather has steadfastly refused to appear during any of the 24 dates that he's been sought for deposition.

Pacquiao is accusing Mayweather of defamation after the rival boxer made repeated statements alleging that the Filipino fighter used performance-enhancing substances. Pacquiao has denied such claims.
    The Associated Press obtained a copy of the motion Thursday.
    "Mayweather is not above the law," Petrocelli told the AP during a phone interview. "He's essentially forfeited his right for a defence" by not appearing at the depositions.
    Mayweather's legal representatives did not return emails seeking comment.

The 15-page document outlines the timeframes during which Mayweather was asked to appear for deposition, and claims that he has continued to allege Pacquiao's use of performance-enhancing substances.

Mayweather has cited his need to focus on an upcoming fight against Victor Ortiz, scheduled for September, along with the associated promotional requirements as the reason he has not attended the court-ordered depositions. But several photographs included in the motion appear to show Mayweather at parties in Atlanta and Las Vegas during the same time periods during which he refused to be deposed.
    "He is basically undermining the legal process," Petrocelli said.
    Emphasis mine. Have a nice default Floyd.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 7:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    at least Hopkins got all his stupid **** out of the way before he started making money
    Most.

Pacquiao beating Mayweather is by no means a sure bet. No matter what you want to say about the guy, PBF is one of the most gifted, slickest fighters to grace the ring in the last decade.Despite this, the very fact that Manny even poses a legitimate threat is enough to keep Mayweather from climbing into the ring with him!
    This is why I would have watched for PPV. I haven't purchased a fight since Mike Tyson screwed it up.

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 12:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    The very idea of somebody Manny's size using steroids just seems ludicrous to me. Not to mention the fact that he is an honest, caring person with integrity who would never cheat at anything much less the sport he loves.
    Its too bad that PBF is such a jerk, because Boxing needs all the positive exposure it can get nowadays.
    The thought of him stepping in the cage is a joke. He would get murdered by even the lowest-caliber MMA fighters in the UFC.
    I hate to wish this sort of thing on people, but I really do hope he goes to prison for a while, maybe he will learn some humility.
    Don't hold your breath though..
    Wow you are ridiculously gullible what are you 5?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast