Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More Legal Woes For Mayweather

Well, on top of all the criminal charges he is facing Pretty Boy Floyd is going to have to deal with a civil suit filed by Manny's camp.
    Mayweather and his camp , always a class act, *snicker* accused Manny of using performance -enhancing drugs during their latest campaign to avoid fighting Pacquiao.
    Now ,while he's in jail for beating his wife, hopefully he will lose a few million in a lawsuit while he's serving his time.

www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=359039
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 11:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at least Hopkins got all his stupid **** out of the way before he started making money

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 8:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Among the interviews cited was an October radio interview in which Mayweather Jr. allegedly said Pacquiao's physique was different "cause we know the Philippines got the best enhancing drugs." - www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=359039

Now, please correct me. I thought performance enhancing drugs came from Me-Hee-Co, particularly Tijuana, where they can allegedly be bought over the counter. (English broadsheet papers have published this in the past).

We know how 'porous' is the Border between Mexico and the USA. If Manny were to use anything, he could easily buy it in California...and so could PBF.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respect most of the great boxers, but Pretty Boy...never.

The difference between bravado and being a straight up jerk was never more apparent to me than when Mayweather Jr. used an interview (must have been around 2005 when I saw this) to show how he keeps stacks of cash piled around his house. Stacks of 100s on the coffee table, etc.

But the clincher was in 2007 when Mayweather basically stated that boxing > mma, and Dana White responded thus:

"I used to talk like Floyd Mayweather when I was involved in boxing. I talked just like him, until I educated myself about this sport. These guys are amazing athletes, Floyd Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, (and) Sean Sherk will whoop his ass in under two minutes. Any day that Mayweather wants to put his money and his ass where his mouth is, I'm ready. If he wants to step up, let's do it. I'm willing to put together a fight for Sean Sherk and Floyd Mayweather with numbers that would make sense for Floyd. And I guarantee you he would not accept it. Floyd Mayweather would never fight in the UFC because he would get his head ripped off."
    Nothing would make me happier than seeing Floyd "Money" Mayweather step inside the octagon and get his super light weight ass tossed to the ground like a rag doll.

"COME ON STEP IN REF WTF HE'S CHOKING ME EHAHHHGGHHHHFFFF <zzzzzzzzzzzz>"

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/06/2011 9:26am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 10:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Class 'a' jerk

The very idea of somebody Manny's size using steroids just seems ludicrous to me. Not to mention the fact that he is an honest, caring person with integrity who would never cheat at anything much less the sport he loves.
    Its too bad that PBF is such a jerk, because Boxing needs all the positive exposure it can get nowadays.
    The thought of him stepping in the cage is a joke. He would get murdered by even the lowest-caliber MMA fighters in the UFC.
    I hate to wish this sort of thing on people, but I really do hope he goes to prison for a while, maybe he will learn some humility.
    Don't hold your breath though..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

:)

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if he trained for the fight, I think he could hang with low level mma guys, and perhaps give some trouble to mid level chaps. With his money, imagine the training camp he could get.

PBF beat up me Ricky Hatton.....get him legal system (the r34l d3adly for sur3!!11)

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you don't expect he's ignorant of the fact that boxing alone won't win an MMA fight?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 11:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    The very idea of somebody Manny's size using steroids just seems ludicrous to me. Not to mention the fact that he is an honest, caring person with integrity who would never cheat at anything much less the sport he loves.
    Mayweather is talking out of his ass, pure and simple.
    When Pacqy started boxing, he was like 15 or 16, fighting flyweight, at 112lbs. He grew out of the division, into Bantam, then Feather then Super Feather (130lbs). He grew naturally, as we all did as becoming young men into adulthood, so we just need to focus on the jump from Lightweight (135lbs) into Middle (160lbs). We are talking a 35lb jump for a guy that stands 5'6"-7".

Nobody accused Holyfield of juicing when he went from Lt Heavy to Heavy. Same as Henry Tillman. And Roberto Duran going from Bantam up to Light Heavy at times.

We got Mantinee Idol Bobby Czyz fighting Jr. Middle going up to Heavy. He's juicing right? No, he opened an Italian Restaurant during his first retirement and juiced up on pasta.

How about Sugar Shane and Macho Camacho? Juicers, right? Screw that, Tommy Hearnes started his career at Jr. Welter and won the fucking Cruiserweight strap. He's a Roider, isn't he? Him and Sugar Ray.

Mayweather and his own uncle went from Super Feather up to Welter...so it isn't uncommon. Hell, Roach fought at Lightweight and, short of his medical condition, he's put on weight but still looks like he could bang.

Mayweather needs to STFU

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 12:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    So you don't expect he's ignorant of the fact that boxing alone won't win an MMA fight?
    He's not a dumb as Toney..so I would expect him to at least train some groundfighting.
    But his arrogance would be his undoing..he would probably still be convinced that because he's a Boxer..its going to be KO time as soon as he lands a clean punch.
    Since we all know MMA guys don't have solid chins. *sarcasm*
    I don't think he would do very well..

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 12:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/06/2011 12:29pm at .
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast