Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Titan

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone suggest some lone ground drills ?

I have a few (snaking etc) but anymore would be appriciated.

(I am recovering from a leg injury, that's why I'm doing them, so take that into account)

thanks

"Blood sugar suckerfish is my dish.
    How many pieces do you wish ?"
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Taking a break

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 5:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only one I know is "Shrimping" Lie on your back then keeping your legs straight, turn to one side and touch your toes. This should move you backwards a bit. Now repeat on the other side.
    I've no idea where this comes from, as it was shown me by a JKD/Escrima guy. If its one that you already know, my apologies. I've not done any serious groundwork for about 20 years (Judo as a kid) so I don't remember much.

"Not in the face!"
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 5:05pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SLJ - I know one. You lay on your stomach while your boy-lover drills YOU!!!! LOL.

Titan

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 5:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that one Sam, thanks anyway.

What a suprise from BalloonBoy, I've taken your baite far too much, someone just ban him.

"You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 6:33pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although it wasn't intended to be a grappling drill, there's an exercise I used in the Army that works great for training the muscles and reaction times associated with, sprawling, scrambling, and getting back to your feet.

We called it "Front, Back, GO!", and basically all you do is start by jogging in place, and when someone says "Front" you drop down into a pushup position (sprawl), "Back" you scramble to a sit up position, and "GO" you get back on your feet as fast as you can and jog in place.

It can be done solo as well, and you can incorporate more moves into it if you'd like, such as "Upa" (mount escape), and rolling back on your neck to kick up your legs for a simulated triangle/arm bar from the guard.

The sequence would be something like "Front! Back! Upa! Back! Triangle! GO!"
  6. Michael

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like my suplex so I have 100lbs bag that I do suplex drills with. After the suplex I do rotations and gut wrenches. The bag's name is "Phil"...lol (that's not a joke)
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 8:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean tech drills or fitness drills?

The 1/2 sit-out:

A good addoman exercise for those love handles is the 1/2 sit-out. You get on all fours and then swing your knees out to the side and touch your hip to the ground. Then you swing back up and down the other way. Do this fast and keep going back and forth for as many reps as you can. Do a few sets of those.

Hill climbers:

Get in the up position for push-ups and then step one leg forward like you are going into a sprinter's stance. Switch legs back and forth keeping your waist low and your stomach tight. Repeat for a couple hundred reps. This used to be done with both legs bounding forward and then back (which is tougher) but that puts strain on the knees that you don't need.

Killers:

These are V-ups. Lay on your back and reach up with your hands and legs. Try to touch your toes. Do 15 of these really fast. Do as many sets as you can.

Bombers:

You might not be able to do these with a hurt leg. Jump as high as you can, tuck your knees up to your chest, extend them again and land on your feet. Repeat for as many reps as you can. Do a few sets.

.. Those are all pretty much fitness drills for the abdoman. If you wanted tech drills then sorry. I'll post some of those later if you want.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    11/20/2002 11:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've just remembered a fairly obscure one from Aikido. Lie on your back, arms curved out in front of you like your holding a ball about 4 feet across. Lift your legs into the air about 30 degrees. Start rolling about the floor, going to right shoulder, right buttock, left buttock, left shoulder, right shoulder etc. Do this a dozen times, then change direction. This is known as the Weebles Wobble excercise and makes you look like a complete looney. It does serve a purpose though, in helping you redirect energy from a fall instead of absorbing it. The advanced version of this is really tricky. Stand up, then commit a side breakfall, roll out of it as above. Stand up and repeat on the other side.
    My old Ju Jitsu school just told us to slap the mat hard, which in the end caused me no end of health problems.

"Not in the face!"
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/21/2002 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A really good solo drill for grappling is to lie on your back flat. In one quick motion your going to swivel your body like a clock and go to your stomach(your feet will be where your head WAS). From there you continue the motion and go back to the exact same position you started, laying on your back. Then you repeat the same movement to the other side. You can do this 15 times on each side and it will exhaust you and give your body some training moving on the ground.

Remember that your not 'rolling over' (like Jamoke does for his father when daddy knocks on his door at night) your moving your body like the hands on a clock.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Titan

Posted On:
    11/21/2002 9:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys.