Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am old school, so I listen to aggressive, speed metal/heavy metal tunes at the gym for the most part. Slayer, Celtic Frost, Black Sabbath, Razor, Venom.. but also some older Rush and Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix too. I have a lot of good jazz on my ipod, but usually ff past it when I am working out.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my all time favorites to listen to is a band called Connie Price and the Keystones. They've got a lot of old school funk beats without the high pitched 70s funk vocals, which just don't mesh with training well. There's some long instrumental ones, which I think are the best for training. The songs have great rhythm and flow for stickfighting drills. Here's a few that you should listen to:

:)

Posted On:
    4/09/2011 3:20am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Hey man, you play guitar and are into sportfighting too? That's a bit unique. Most professional/full time musicians I know avoid fighting because they don't want to screw up their hands.
    I mostly do music. It's never really bothered me though, my hands are used to constant torment, carrying equipment daily, and playing hours and hours. If only the rest of me, was as tough as my hands.

Actually, I did jam my thumb, but that was running to our house in torrential rain, back from Alabama and 36 hours of trains/busses carrying luggage from the station, running in pimp shoes and dress pants. I went to the subsequent throwdown and did a horrible kicks only session with Strikestanian, who has an upcoming ammy title fight.

He owed me though, I got him here...set to another beat I love.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345