4/03/2011 1:34am, #1
Boston flying teabag party: Mean in the Bean VI.Well me droogs, it's time, once again, for Mean in the Bean (IV~~!!!!).
Q. Where do we have the throwdown?
- Redline Fight Sports in Central Square Cambridge:, hosted our last one, and is a marvelous facility. I'm mean, it's top-notch. Fellow Bullies Arbeiter, Strikestanian, War Wheel, myself, and my GF (although our link is via the mma conditioning coach's previous school in Rossie Square) train(ed?) there. Redline didn't charge us a mat fee...how cool is that?
- Wai Kru (on Brighton ave): Having hosted our first 4 Mean in the bean throwdowns (that I set up, I'm not sure what had been done before in Boston), Wai Kru and it's owner KruJohn, have helped the cause of Boston Bully Throwdownage immeasurably, and had cut the mat fee down to $10, from $15, in a very gracious gesture. Wai Kru has a ring, and a cage, and tons of mat space, and is, by any measure, a world class gym. They have a lot of pro fighters, including UFC Welterweight John "Doomsday" Howard.
- Tapout: Though I haven't contacted the gym yet, KruJohn, KruMark, and Mark Massey (from Wai Kru) all teach there, and me an my girl have friends who train there. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't accomidate us.
- Other? Honestly, Boston is jam-packed with gyms. Assuming we're giving a mat fee, they'd be mad not to host us, schedule permitting. Esp. in this economy. Thoughts?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Q. So When the fook do we do this thing?
We need to post our availability, and also who we might reach out to, to also participate. Mean in the Bean throwdowns have traditionally been Bullies only (with some exceptions), but it doesn't have to be so. Let's all give it a little thought, and invite other martial artists we know, to participate. Ego-free sparring/grappling/training has no equal, in terms of coolness, and awesometivity, for those who want the r3al improvement.
Possible available dates for you all? Post them here, and we'll find the best date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Q. Saturday, or Sunday?
Sundays have been traditionally been throwdown days here, for some time. I think, that possibly getting New York, Ct, or R.I. Bullies here, would be best facilitated by a Saturday, rather than a Sunday event.
The T in Boston is, well, it's the oldest in the country...that should sum it up for anyone who hasn't been terrorized yet. The Sunday schedule is not one to envy. Especially the buses.
Q. The Most Important Question. Where do we eat afterwards?
Once we set the venue, we should decide on what to do about food/drinks afterward.
Q. What if I'm a minor, can I still be awesome?.
We'll get you a waiver, just as soon as we set the venue.
Thoughts? Let's make this happen!!!!
p.s. My band (Steppers Heaven uh ohz attn: mods spamban plz) has a residency in Haverhill Starting May 8th, and it's an afternoon thing, so unless we start in the AM, Sundays are going to be difficult for me, personally.
We should, however, do it when the most Bullies can make it, irrespective of my **** weekend schedule, so let's brainiac this junk, and hammer it out, folks.
*screams* Thank you!!!
Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 4/03/2011 1:36am at . Reason: more awesome.
4/03/2011 1:49am, #2
I'm personally thinking mid-to late may, might be good. Possibly a Saturday, at the end of the month. Thoughts?
4/03/2011 8:06am, #3
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- New England
May on Saturday or Sunday sounds good. Fee? Gloves, mouthguard, cup, shinpads? Please tell us about parking and traffic at your decided location so I know whether to use the T or go by car.
Also am I welcome to come or is it only open to certain people?
4/03/2011 11:05am, #4
Anyone can participate. They will need:
- a cup
- shinpads (if your sparring)
- Mat fee will prob be $10-$15
- a waiver (if they're a minor)
First we'll need to decide on location.
Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 4/03/2011 11:16am at .
4/07/2011 10:40pm, #5
I talked to Bullshido's Arbeiter (at Redline) and he says yes. I think we're looking at quite possibly Sat May 28.
How does this look?
4/08/2011 5:15pm, #6
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- New England
Sounds good to me.
4/09/2011 10:17am, #7
Beauty, the 28th falls on a weekend off.
4/09/2011 10:52am, #8
I will not have the weekend off, but maybe we can have a Wormtown(Worcester) Beatdown in a few months.
4/09/2011 2:05pm, #9
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Submission Grappling
I'm there.Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie
KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao
In De Janerio, in blackest night,
Luta Livre flees the fight,
Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
4/09/2011 4:07pm, #10
Nice, I'll try to reach the other massholes, and surrounding tools.