Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 12:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have about a half mile of asphalt before i hit the hardpack trails.
    Depending how much rain we've been having, it starts getting slippery about a mile or two in;
    so asphalt, dirt roads, hard trails and slick clay.

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 2:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know how these compare to these tight shoes called OneMoment?

http://www.ecouterre.com/onemoment-b...n-in-6-months/
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 2:20pm

Style: MT, BJJ, BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Anyone know how these compare to these tight shoes called OneMoment?

http://www.ecouterre.com/onemoment-b...n-in-6-months/
    I've never heard of these, but I'm definitely interested in hearing more. Never been as big as I probably should be into the "green" movement, but I am a fan of a $7 pricetag.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2011 7:49pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had my Five Finger KSOs for over six months now. I love them for hiking, off road running, lifting, and most general exercise. I don't like to wear them if I am running on a road or concrete personally, but I fucking hate roadwork anyway. For off road running they are amazing.
    I have worn the KSO's a few times for working on standup and wrestling but I've found the grip is actually to good when standing on mat. I felt it made pivoting my foot when throwing kicks quite difficult. But over all these shoes have done me well, lifting in them is fantastic!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2011 6:43am

Style: kendo, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone tried running in the FLO model during the winter? I have the bikila model and I run with them all the time down here in Hawaii (I love them).

However I'm moving to frigid Minnesota soon for schooling and I wonder if these provide enough insulation. Their website claims you can use it in colder weather but I'm skeptical.
    Last edited by Twobits; 4/07/2011 6:54am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 2:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twobits View Post
    Has anyone tried running in the FLO model during the winter? I have the bikila model and I run with them all the time down here in Hawaii (I love them).

However I'm moving to frigid Minnesota soon for schooling and I wonder if these provide enough insulation. Their website claims you can use it in colder weather but I'm skeptical.
    The toe socks are pretty useful for cold weather, although they are a bit expensive.

Posted On:
    4/09/2011 12:08pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've run in both the KSO's and Bikila LS's in the snow, slush and just all 'round frigid weather and honestly, they're all you need. Even the ice water I got in one wasn't so bad (and that was about 20% into my run). I recommend trying them out there before you go wasting money.

...then again, you could be one of those tropical types that wear heavy jackets if it's 60 out. If that's you then just stay inside, period.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2011 2:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    I've run in both the KSO's and Bikila LS's in the snow, slush and just all 'round frigid weather and honestly, they're all you need. Even the ice water I got in one wasn't so bad (and that was about 20% into my run). I recommend trying them out there before you go wasting money.

...then again, you could be one of those tropical types that wear heavy jackets if it's 60 out. If that's you then just stay inside, period.
    I'm not THAT bad when it comes to cold weather. At least I think. I guess I'll wait and see. Hopefully the most I'll need are those toe socks.

Thanks guys.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 3:39pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    VFF started to smell funky, I could smell them sitting at my desk at work. So I took the two best ideas I've gleaned from the interweb and decided to see what works best.

This week I tried the efferdent trick. Put the VFF's in a bucket with 4 efferdent tabs for 15 minutes. Let air dry. No smell whatsover the next day.

Will try the Vinegar one this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 8:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    VFF started to smell funky, I could smell them sitting at my desk at work. So I took the two best ideas I've gleaned from the interweb and decided to see what works best.

This week I tried the efferdent trick. Put the VFF's in a bucket with 4 efferdent tabs for 15 minutes. Let air dry. No smell whatsover the next day.

Will try the Vinegar one this weekend.
    Aren't they machine washable? Why not just throw them (along with your other smelly gym stuff) into the washing machine with some febreeze-tide?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast