Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 2:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Making Water From Whine: It Is Fake Was Right

During the April Fool's Hijinx, Fake and I had an ongoing Troll-gument wherein he made these comments to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That's your money paying for Phrost's first drink of coffee while MABS sits empty with no new investigations.
    and
    All the people with investigator tags are busy whining, complaining, fighting in gong saus, and bitching about what others don't do.
    and
    You have an investigator tag and instead of using it to root out fake Martial Artists you sit on your ass and whine about missing bullshido threads.

Sad.
    During the lulz, it sat dormant, yet it doesn't make it untrue. I admit I fully DID find the April Fool's prank more entertaining and F5'ed like a ************, salivating at each new post, waiting the coming hilarity.

Yet, except for when someone else brings a new thread, I don't peruse MABS like I used to. Fake was right and I was as guilty as charged. My own next article hit a huge pothole, the guy and his website disappeared, internet archive had virtually nothing and I just said "meh" and let it go.

I admit, my areas of expertise are limited, as all ours are, however that is what makes a community of this site:
    each person doing a little lifting, instead of one person shouldering the load. Chuck was good at getting people involved and mentoring article writing, whereas I am not, and the site is missing that atribute.

I am going to do my best to spend a little more time in MABS, seeing if there is any areas I can assist and I hope everyone else does the same. If there is anything someone needs, please PM me and while I may not know the answer, I may know someone who may.

We had some lulz and fun, now let's see if we can make it so next year, Fake can't use this same statement.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 2:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to draw on some truth to make it believable. I used actual examples, that have been dormant, and some arguments that have been had in the past to make it more believable. Many of those comments are based on drama threads a year or two old. Cy's shenanigans real, exaggerated, or misinformed didn't help. Also, the legal and researching of old CY threads hasn't helped.

All of this has been quashed to a strong extent but, has left some legitimate disarray in MABS.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 3:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to draw on some truth to make it believable. I used actual examples, that have been dormant, and some arguments that have been had in the past to make it more believable.
    I agree and this is why I wanted to go back and revisit the comment, as I didn't want the sentiment of truth lost in the lulz.