Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/26/2011 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Yeah, there probably are. Sometimes a big enough difference in size or natural athleticism is enough.

Most athletically inclined people do not gravitate towards the style - certainly not anymore. So, if you're going to chalk things up to athleticism, what does this say about, say, wrestling?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 3:51pm

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Krav school has rented some space to some Ving Tsunners. Well they were training today at the same time we were and what I saw didnt impress me; an hour of patticake, with a 5 minute break.

The gentle patter of hands contrasted sharply with the grunts of suffering coming our side.

Doesnt mean I hate teh Chun (or that my krav is teh deadly).

But going by my very short observation of it I'd say the criticism is warranted.

Perhaps I should take a class just to see if its that bad. Then again, the last time I did that I ended up a krav-tard. :)

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    My Krav school has rented some space to some Ving Tsunners. Well they were training today at the same time we were and what I saw didnt impress me; an hour of patticake, with a 5 minute break.

The gentle patter of hands contrasted sharply with the grunts of suffering coming our side.

Doesnt mean I hate teh Chun (or that my krav is teh deadly).

But going by my very short observation of it I'd say the criticism is warranted.

Perhaps I should take a class just to see if its that bad. Then again, the last time I did that I ended up a krav-tard. :)
    Ask them if they spar. Their answer will tell you everything you need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 5:26pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The following is a story I'm not proud about -- but it happened.

My mother-in-law has a flower shop next door to a Wing Chun school. My wife had to work there one day, and I was bored out of my skull, so I decided to pay a drop-in fee to attend a class.

Now, the sifu wasn't present -- he had to attend to a Chinese New Year event. Therefore, he had his assistant running the class instead. The students there didn't realize I used to be a student at a different location, nor did they know I began learning boxing.

The assistant kept saying insane things during the class -- some things that would genuinely get kids in the class hurt if they tried any of it out. One of them was, "Chi sao completely nullifies your opponent's punches."

So I had to speak up. "What if his punches are faster than your chi sao?"

"That would never happen," I was told, "Chi sao is always faster than punches".

Amused, I asked him to demonstrate on me. I jabbed at him with half speed and little power, and tapped his chest. Just as I tapped his chest, he did a little fancy chi sao movement -- but I still tapped his chest.

"See?" he stated, "Your pathetic punches mean nothing against chi sao."

"But I touched your chest!" I replied.

"Doesn't matter," the assistant said, "In a real fight chi sao would win."

Clearly, he didn't appreciate my attempt to not injure him -- and admittedly I thought his presumptuousness was insulting. So, I asked to try one more time.

"Sure, why not?" he laughed.

This time, I put some actual power in my jab. Just as I was about to hit his chest, he successfully used his chi sao to move my fist away... and downwards toward his stomach.

He doubled down coughing and couldn't speak for five minutes. I began feeling a twinge of regret as I stood him up on a chair -- then grabbed him a cup of water. When he finally was able to talk, he asked me very calmly to leave the premises.

I was all to happy to do it, and I haven't appeared near their storefront since.
    Last edited by atomicpoet; 7/07/2011 5:31pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 6:19pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may not be proud of it, but im proud of you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 6:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was squared up with you wasn't he?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 6:53pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He was squared up with you wasn't he?
    Yep. He was standing pigeon-toed in front of me, implanted in his spot. He made no attempt to move. He was so smug.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob
    You may not be proud of it, but im proud of you.
    Unfortunately, I created some bad blood between the Wing Chun school and my mother-in-law's business. I've called to apologize a few times, but it hasn't made a difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 6:57pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Unfortunately, I created some bad blood between the Wing Chun school and my mother-in-law's business. I've called to apologize a few times, but it hasn't made a difference.
    Bad blood. They give her catty looks? At least you know she'll be able to kick their assess.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 6:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and idiot chunners that think Chi Sao in that manner is for fighting deserve what they get.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 7:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was this properly done on the flower shop's rooftop?
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast