Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 7:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, he was born in Haiti, though he was billed as out of Canada when he fought Froch. It was a close fight and Carl fought with his Chin (which is teak tough) a bit too much for my liking. I've watched him from his earliest days and wrote to Boxing News (UK weekly) which published.

He tends to hold his Lead arm VERY low but brings it up VERY fast and is a concussive puncher hence his nickname of "The Cobra". He turned Pro late and was often calling out Joe Calzaghe, who didn't take him up. Nor would I have, Joe had his goals and was not deflected from them. Froch is now more amenable to Joe and has realised that he's really Retired.

Froch is very tough but a bit a pedestrian in that he will plough forward and is reluctant to change Tactics; there seems to be no Plan B. Carl can be out-boxed. He had a shutout against Arthur Abraham. I bought the fight against Kessler (two very hard bangers) but my brother came by and we went to the pub. When I got back, it was the last Round and they were hammering each other. I missed a good one.

For me, the best Super MW is Andre Ward. It makes Sam Sheridan's portrayal of him in "A Fighters Heart" all the more prescient.

Posted On:
    5/08/2011 8:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: K1 and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with Froch is that he just cannot seem to capture the minds of the audience and garner the support of fans. He couldn't even get a television deal for one of his latest fights, it was streamed online. I cannot for the life of me understand why "The Cobra" doesn't seem to garner too much interest from the fans as he boxes an exciting style and can take some punishment too.

Froch has just split from his long time promoter Mick Hennessey and signed on with Barry and Eddie Hearns matchroom Sports promotions. Hopefully this will allow for Froch to gain some broadcasting exposure as Barry Hearn has links with Sky Sports and should be able to tie up a deal to get the Glen Johnson fight on tV.

Posted On:
    5/08/2011 8:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rocket is correct. Froch has signed for Barry Hearn, who will certainly raise Carl's profile - as he did for Chris Eubanks.

Froch also has a beautiful girlfriend so that won't hurt future promotions!

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 7:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Bute..cause he's Canadian.
    pfff yeah, you'd wish. just accept the fact that Canada doesn't have a world class boxer right now, instead of blinding yourselfes and see Bute as Canadian. you did the same thing with Leonard Doroftei. is Messi spanish because he plays in spain? really, if Bute had the conditions to box at the highest level in Romania, do you think he would of go to Canada? hell no. unfortunatly, romanian boxing is at ground level right now so he doesn't have a choise. too much god damn coruption....

anyho, i'd put my money on Bute, and not because he ROMANIAN, but because he's too smart and fast for froch's brawling. Teacup will get KTFO by a left uppercut/hook to the liver in whatever round. badabi badabam badaboom

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't even know Bute was from Romania originally. Really ?
    Well, they love him in Quebec and have adopted him as their own.
    Canada isn't exactly the height of Boxing talent right now, we don't even give proper support to our Olympic-level guys so its very hard to develop top notch fighters. We are cranking out plenty of great MMA fighters though..
    That's why I've always had a grudge against Lennox Lewis. One of the few fighters to come up through our amateur boxing program and go on to be a world champ - and he jumps ship on us. He may have been born in in Britain, but he received all his amateur boxing training in Canada and won a medal at the Olympics as a Canadian. He boxed out of my hometown, actually.
    From a promotional standpoint, I understand why he did it. But it still stings.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 8:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tell me about it. Bute had tried years to have an championship fight in Romania because he didn't had any support from the guverment, (even tough he's probably the best romanian boxer in history) until they decided that it would be good for the electoral campaign if Bute vs Jan Paul Mendy is hosted in Bucharest. too bad it was probably the last one, because the next step for him is America
    I didn't even know Bute was from Romania originally. Really ?
    come on, he can't possibly speak french that good lol
    Last edited by becs; 3/04/2012 9:00am at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12