Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 9:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Indigenous racists who want to hurt whitey

evening folks, i have a few questions, some general, the rest about practicality and combinations.

1. baji quan, wing chun and xing yi, are they compatible as far as self defense is concerned?

2. would it have more or less real world application (fitness and general health-wise) training in just baji?

3. how easy would it be to combine wc, xing yi and tai chi with baji and would it pervert the movement of baji? (since i saw this video i have been fascinated by the art) i should clarify, would a proficiency in other styles benefit the fundamental style as far as my understanding goes without changing the form?

basically my situation is that there are no baji schools anywhere near me that i can find on the internet (i live in brisbane, australia so if anyone knows of any please do not hesitate to tell me) so i have resolved to learn xing yi or wc until i can find one. i would prefer to study baji and only baji but i am 21 and feel that i need to get started sooner rather than later if i want to be able to master it and i figure that starting in a slightly similar art is better than waiting for something that might not happen for a few years if ever.
    this leads me to my final question.

4. when did the members of this forum first start practicing?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 10:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slow down Turbo...how about you pick a single martial art and train before you start combining a bunch of stuff to make your own personal smoothie?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 10:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't matter when people started practicing, but how seriously you want to practice. Wing Chun is nothing like Baji. Xingyi has some similar principles, but is nothing like Baji. So, practicing the two will not get you anywhere near being ready for Baji.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Slow down Turbo...how about you pick a single martial art and train before you start combining a bunch of stuff to make your own personal smoothie?
    if you had read past the first question i wouldn't need to type right now.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Doesn't matter when people started practicing, but how seriously you want to practice. Wing Chun is nothing like Baji. Xingyi has some similar principles, but is nothing like Baji. So, practicing the two will not get you anywhere near being ready for Baji.
    i was getting at the speed aspect of it, could you recommend anything similar to baji? if i wanted to do baji i would need to move 2 states over (which i would do in order to learn the art) but i have some things going on right now so i must stay where i am for a few years. i am eager to learn, but i would still like to condition my body first.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redjahya View Post
    Yeah...I actually did...I just didn't want to reply to stupid questions that we've got 1000 threads about.

Keep philosophizing about what would be best to "master", as you say...and you will continue to be a person who can't fight. Stop talking and just go train something.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 1:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i was getting at the speed aspect of it, could you recommend anything similar to baji? if i wanted to do baji i would need to move 2 states over (which i would do in order to learn the art) but i have some things going on right now so i must stay where i am for a few years. i am eager to learn, but i would still like to condition my body first.
    Then you do weight training, road work, stay fit and save your money. Then you can move two states over.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 11:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Yeah...I actually did...I just didn't want to reply to stupid questions that we've got 1000 threads about.

Keep philosophizing about what would be best to "master", as you say...and you will continue to be a person who can't fight. Stop talking and just go train something.
    that is what this whole board is dedicated to, you didn't need to post if you didn't want to answer questions dipshit, i believe this is classed as trolling. do you even know what board you are on? try not to hurt yourself on the way out.

in my post i mentioned that i have already decided on baji and i want to learn it for the form rather than so that i can go out and start fights. so no, you didn't read my post. don't feel bad though, i hear they can teach you the harder words (like "fundamental" and "clarify") at night school.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then you do weight training, road work, stay fit and save your money. Then you can move two states over.
    thanks dude, i will do that.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/01/2011 5:19am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is what this whole board is dedicated to, you didn't need to post if you didn't want to answer questions dipshit, i believe this is classed as trolling. do you even know what board you are on? try not to hurt yourself on the way out.

in my post i mentioned that i have already decided on baji and i want to learn it for the form rather than so that i can go out and start fights. so no, you didn't read my post. don't feel bad though, i hear they can teach you the harder words (like "fundamental" and "clarify") at night school.

thanks dude, i will do that.
    I get the feeling you're not gonna last long here.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    4/01/2011 5:23am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you like your vaseline warmed up or straight from the pot?

Posted On:
    4/01/2011 7:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    I get the feeling you're not gonna last long here.
    i never said or implied that i wouldn't fight if that is what you are getting at? i am not some testosterone filled asshole who needs to start fights to prove anything and i don't plan on staying here for very long to be perfectly honest. a lot of what i have read here goes against who i am. but if i sort through the absolute **** it is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    Would you like your vaseline warmed up or straight from the pot?
    neither, i'll just use the blood you produce when you try to accommodate my unusually large penis.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast