Page 37 of 39 First ... 2733343536373839 Last

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I find Omega's post a lot more reasonable, and perhaps even kind, now than when I read it few months ago.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dRoy View Post
    You know, I find Omega's post a lot more reasonable, and perhaps even kind, now than when I read it few months ago.
    Allegory of the Cave.

Style
    PTK, Muay Thai, Systema
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm shure to be at the right place to talk about MA. Thanks for the heads up.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Allegory of the Cave.
    Heh, I am just covering that in my university's World Civilization class.

Sounds pretty much right.

Style
    Whatever I can
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha! I just happily wasted an hour or two reading all the way through this thread, and the 'Why I'm Here' thread by jdogg33. Funny, funny ****. The tiny dude saying he can kick over his head, and Omega saying he can kick over his head cracked me up.
    Youse guys are bitches! Awesome bitches.
    I am presuming there is a LOT of unfounded bragging and bullshit that goes on here. I don't really troll the posts (when I was a non-member, I mean) so I haven't seen that much of it, except for the Systema guys getting handed their arses (I briefly entertained the idea of doing some systema, yes. I downloaded some of VV's **** and decided firmly against it...) I would just search for something specific, read it, and move on.
    Anyway, great stuff. I like the no-bullshit policy and intolerance for armchair warriors.
    I'm glad I joined.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing to remember of Socrates...

He partied harder than anyone to ever live, constantly walked around nekkid from his bitch wife kicking him out for not taking care of the kids and had lots and lots and lots of butt sex with his "students" that he "wasn't teaching".

Style
    Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by anathematized_1 View Post
    Another thing to remember of Socrates...

He partied harder than anyone to ever live, constantly walked around nekkid from his bitch wife kicking him out for not taking care of the kids and had lots and lots and lots of butt sex with his "students" that he "wasn't teaching".
    This is oddly true of almost every prophet/sage/Taoist master within the last 70 years. Damn you Bullshido for not being around way back when. We could have kicked Socrates' ass. Also probably Zhang Tao Ling's, pretty much the entire 8 Trigram Sect, Shaolin Temple, maybe even Eugene Fastow.

**** it Neal, time machine. Now. Get to work.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Style
    Shou Shu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, awesome site. Gives me something more to do.

Style
    Kyokushin Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread read. Thanks for the heartfelt welcoming Omega. This is the first forum I've ever joined. In fact I posted outside of Newbietown first just like a noob that didn't read his stickies for breakfast. I'm getting the rules down one fly at a time with my mental chopsticks. I'm enjoying this forum though. It has already saved me from studying the Bujinkan and a locally founded martial art style parading around as Kung Fu! Thanks my fellow Bullshidos!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin1 View Post
    In response to my introductory "lecture". Actually Aristotle was the smartest man alive back then. A true panomath.
    Aristotle wasn't born yet when the Oracle at Delphi told Socrates that he was the wisest of men. So, right there, he was disqualified by not existing yet. (Assuming here that Plato's account of Socrates and the Delphic Oracle's saying about Socrates is accurate.)

Also, the Delphic revelations were notorious for being paradoxical or having some sort of ironic twist. Socrates's own interpretation of the message (as fits Omega Supreme's interpretation), after years of questioning supposedly wiser men, was that he was the wisest NOT because of his knowledge but because he realized that his wisdom was limited, unlike all the other supposedly wise men, who thought they knew far more than they did.

As great a thinker as Aristotle was, and as many areas as he helped to pioneer, he thought he knew many things that he didn't (for one amusing if trivial example, that mud generated tadpoles spontaneously), and would very likely have failed to meet Socrates's test for true wisdom, even if he had been around at the time. Anyway, that's one Ph.D. with 20+ years of university teaching's view on the matter.

As to which of Socrates, Plato, or Aristotle was the "smartest" . . . I'd rather argue about which group has the real Kung Fu, and I'm never going to argue about that.

Page 37 of 39 First ... 2733343536373839 Last