Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I weren't so stupid, I would post the bit from Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail about the oppressed workers.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm more confused why it says 'Neal-Get with me ASAP!' I was very concerned upon my first reading of the post.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 1:50pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Ah, you know, free market good, incest with your own clones genetically manipulated to be female, better!
    Being that I'm one for transparency and disclosure, the talk was mainly centered around Heinlein's "Pragmatics of Patriotism", an address he gave to the Naval Academy in the 1970's. I specifically referenced his example of the baboon who stood guard in a tree for the rest of his tribe, looking out for cheetahs.

Heinlein's main flaw was that he loved trolling people who believe in conventional morality, so he always pushed the limit, even beyond where he probably should have, for the sake of enraging prudish people. And Lazarus Long banging his cloned twins was a tongue-in-cheek nod at the character's massive ego (and possibly his own in that Long was accused of being a Heinlein Mary Sue).

But that's neither here nor there.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 1:53pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Being that I'm one for transparency and disclosure, the talk was mainly centered around Heinlein's "Pragmatics of Patriotism", an address he gave to the Naval Academy in the 1970's. I specifically referenced his example of the baboon who stood guard in a tree for the rest of his tribe, looking out for cheetahs.

Heinlein's main flaw was that he loved trolling people who believe in conventional morality, so he always pushed the limit, even beyond where he probably should have, for the sake of enraging prudish people. And Lazarus Long banging his cloned twins was a tongue-in-cheek nod at the character's massive ego (and possibly his own in that Long was accused of being a Heinlein Mary Sue).

But that's neither here nor there.
    How about you go **** yourself? Don't try to derail anything, this is what it took to get you to respond, albeit in your usual snarky fucking manner. I'm done with this site, with you, and every fucktard that still drinks the kool aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    And yeah, I recognized the philosophies...just, like I said, none from which I wanted to shape my thoughts. I'm more of an Asimov guy anyway.
    I'm an Ellison type, myself.

I just hope that this thread eventually features the text of the Heinlein lecture, oh man...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost,
    I know this does not seem like a good time, but I think we need to sit down and talk about that money you owe me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 2:09pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I'm an Ellison type, myself.

I just hope that this thread eventually features the text of the Heinlein lecture, oh man...
    Here are a few gems from the Naval Academy address:

"Patriotism is not sentimental nonsense. Nor something dreamed up by demagogues. Patriotism is as necessary a part of man's evolutionary equipment as are his eyes, as useful to the race as eyes are to the individual."

"Selfishness is the bedrock on which all moral behavior starts and it can be immoral only when it conflicts with a higher moral imperative."

"An animal so poor in spirit that he won't even fight on his own behalf is already an evolutionary dead end; the best he can do for his breed is to crawl off and die, and not pass on his defective genes."

...and on and on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 2:14pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Non-disclosure agreements, Hong Kong bank accounts, 10-acre compounds in Missouri, an electronic organization of fighting enthusiasts;

Sounds like one of those shitty mystery novels in the bargain bin at the drugstore.

P.S. Going from "SHUT THE **** UP WE HAD AN AGREEMENT" to "I AM OPEN AND HONEST" is comedy gold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget AR-15s and cape wearing martial arts crusaders, wearing tights, fighting the evils of the dreaded McDojo in a Metropolis near you.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 2:32pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This movie is going to be so much better than "The Social Network".

We have fights, the hottest women in the world, and wing tsun diagrams.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast