Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 10:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was just some ego fun between frank and Bas, thats all.
    the way Frank had him, there was almost no way to get any real power into a shot, and frank was almost head butting Bas's palm heels.
    just a couple of good old boys have some fun :)

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 10:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you...

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 10:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was that, like Frank's first "fight" in Pancrase? or was he just in a pissy mood that day?

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 4:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Shamrocks explanation is this:

He was winded and the fight was turning against him.
    H knew the cut over the eye was either going to count against him in a decision,
    or the fight would eventually be stopped.

He knew Bas had a temper, so decided to provoke him into closed fist striking on the ground
    - which would cause Bas to be receive penalities (and hopefully help him squeak out a victory)

He also says when he looks back he is embarrassed by his behaviour now.

He talks about on www.frankshamrock.org. I think in the bio or career section.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 8:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've checked the site and yeah he says what FOM says. I tried looking in forum support here for policies on quoting other pages, but all I see are thread titles like "MOTHER FUCKER!" which don't help much.

So here is an excerpt from Frank's website talking about this fight (from here):

"Several minutes into the fight, I realized that Bas was just too strong for me and that I wasn't going to make the time limit and be able to finesse him into a hold," said Shamrock.

"So I figured that the only way I could get him to win was to create a foul and get a point because in that time we had four rope escapes. So in my twisted little mind, I thought I could create a foul by making him angry and Bas gets angered easily." On the ground, Shamrock and Rutten were locked in a stalemate with leg locks on one another. Frank began taunting the Dutchman by making faces and sticking his tongue out at him. "I knew if I got him angry that he would eventually hit me with a closed fist and I would get a point. I figured I could survive and hopefully win the match." Unfortunately for Frank, in his zeal to win at all costs (even sacrificing his face) he tried a hasty takedown and ran into Basís knee, causing a cut on Shamrock's head; the match was stopped with Rutten winning by TKO.

The only odd thing was that I thought the cut was from Bas's spinning backfist... hey would that have been a foul too at the time?

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried looking in forum support here for policies on quoting other pages, but all I see are thread titles like "MOTHER FUCKER!" which don't help much.
    I can't stop laughing at that :D
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123