Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 12:12am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About 1:17 in to the vid the "ATF" gun authority guy tries to shove the airsoft magazine in backwards!

Anyone who's ever played contra or owned a G.I. Joe or any other non barbie action figure knows how a banana clip looks in a gun. Where goes this guy come from? Has he not seen a good old action shoot em up movie? Hollywood and TV have at least taught me which way the clip faces in the gun. Personally, I know very little about guns but damn this is some guy posing as an authority on the subject of gun safety, the least he could know is how to load one.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is that they're administrators with zero gun or investigative knowledge (I'm assuming, loudly) trying to make a name for themselves. I do believe this is happening because of the Obama administration, I also believe every administration allows and condones their own flavor of incompetence

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 2:59am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Personally, I know very little about guns
    That would be why you're referring to a removable box magazine as a “clip.” I kid, I kid.
    :CloseEnough:

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 4:06am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here's a follow up:

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 1:22pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6 View Post
    here's a follow up:
    Diplomacy: the art of saying “nice doggy” until you can find a rock. —Wynn Catlin

Backpedaling: the art of saying “well, um, you see” until you can find an excuse or, preferably, a fall guy. —Me

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 1:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The average ATF agent's firearms knowledge is roughly equal to the average person's firearms knowledge, maybe slightly above because they do qualify twice a year. I worked for an arms importer years ago and our retail store generally carried almost every handgun that was currently being offered commercially. Along with the fact that we had the largest selection of military surplus and replica black powder arms it was common for the ATF to drop by with new agents so the could show them all the different weapons. I would take them around and listen to the "veteran" agents explain things like: "This is a double action, you can shoot it twice as fast" and "This is a Remington" (actually it was an Egyptian Hakim). It was really amazing to watch. That being said there are some guys in the ATF who really know their sh1t. A firearms instructor from my guard unit is one of their experts (he maintains their library of guns and tests guns from their cases) and testifies in court cases for them, I would put him up against anyone. The problem is they sometimes talk to their experts after or during instead of before.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also...remember that it's Alcohol+Tobacco+Firearms+Explosives. Their knowledge is not going to be super-specialized in a lot of cases, seeing as that they are responsible for a great deal of different things spanning everything from cigarette smuggling, to moonshine operations, to illegally converted full-autos/SBRS/AoWs/DDs/Silencers, to what kind of explosive was used to blow up a church. A lot that I know don't have a LOT of specific knowledge that many "gun guys" I know do.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/08/2011 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've met two. Both seem to know a lot about the laws and nothing about guns. Nothing at all.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2011 9:51am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the average Call of Duty player knows more about guns than the BATF. Greaaat.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2011 9:52am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    About 1:17 in to the vid the "ATF" gun authority guy tries to shove the airsoft magazine in backwards!
    This is the organization that tried to raid the Wako cult compound with 10 rounds each and also considered going in with no ammunition.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast