221985 Bullies, 4088 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Down for edits - Strikeforce HW Grand Prix Postponed to June 18th.

The next installment of the Strikeforce Grand Prix, has been postponed from April 9th, until June 18th. The event will now be in Dallas, Texas, at the American Airlines Center.

Scott Coker said:
    "I didn't find a venue that we thought would work for everybody, so we decided to move it."
    Overeem vs. Werdum is a dream match, for many fans, and might well have become the finals, had the brackets been set differently. Josh Barnett is also set to fight Brett Rogers.

There were differing reactions from the various parties involved. Rogers' trainer, Mike Reilly called the decision "nuts". Martijn de Jong (Overeem's trainer) said it's "all good for us". Silva's trainer, Alex Davis, indicated he is trying to find "Bigfoot" a fight between now, and the semi's (tentatively scheduled for September).

During an interview with Brazilian website Tatame, Werdum said this, of the postponement.
    "Itís bad for my preparation, because I was ready, but it doesnít help it if I complain. If it has to happen, it will. You have to think for the good side, Iíll have some extra time to prepare myself. I wonít keep training so hard, but Iíll do my preparation so I fight in June."
    Who will Fedor fight???

The man whom Werdum, and Silva bested, Fedor, is likely going to fight in July, according to Scott Coker. There is much speculation as to whom Fedor will fight. I'm personally going to love it, whoever they get him in there against. Keep the man fighting.

OK, so we allready have seismic shifts going on, in our little mma world. News of Zuffa's purchase of Strikeforce gives us reasons to be overjoyed (They won't be folding, and won't be counter-programmed to death), and concerned (what about fighters that Dana White HATES, where do they go?, Is everyone about to be lowballed?)

Now Zuffa owns both promotions, the TUFnoobs and fanboys can stop screaming that Strikeforce, and all of it's fighters suck. This is one massive benefit, to the Zuffa purchase. The Strikeforce Heavyweights, are very dangerous, and fun to watch. With the UFC cross-promoting, during their TV intermissions, we should see a swell in the interest, in these fights.

So Bullies, who are your picks for the tourney?

I'm going with:
    Overeem vs Werdum
    Rogers vs Barnett

Here's how I see it playing out:
    Overeem beats Werdum
    Barnett over Rogers
    Silva beats Overeem
    Sergi beats Barnett
    Overeem eats Sergi whole.

That's how I feel, at the moment. It'll be exciting to see it pan out, although over a larger time period, than initially announced.

Bullies, is it better, with more promo time, especially now with the UFC pushing the event?

Posted On:
    3/26/2011 11:53am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This happened a long time ago, before the purchase. Zuffa had nothing to do with it.

:)

Posted On:
    3/26/2011 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't seem to edit it, but I meant to highlight Barnett over Rogers, above. Damn high-octane coffee, got me hyper-on-keyboard.

:)

Posted On:
    3/26/2011 11:56am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    f**K. Looked at it wrongly. I FAIL FAIL FAIL