Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 12:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Buy what you enjoy shooting. Personally, I don't like the Glock trigger so I went for the Sig. However, if you don't like the double-action pull of the Beretta, I don't know that you'll like the DA on the Sig either: it's pretty heavy.
    I agree with you on that, however the Sig just fits my hand better so that first DA pull just feels better.

Clearly at this point I just need to go put a bunch more rounds through both of these models, or just flip a coin since I like them both, or just get them both LOL. Actually thinking out loud I'll probably just get the Glock since I already have a range type gun in the Beretta and the Glock is smaller and lighter than both the Beretta and Sig, I already have a full size pistol.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS, just curious, what is it about the Glock trigger that annoys you, the safety on the trigger, the light trigger pull, or the shape, orrrr......

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:34pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    PS, just curious, what is it about the Glock trigger that annoys you, the safety on the trigger, the light trigger pull, or the shape, orrrr......
    I've got two main things that annoy me enough to not buy Glocks. First is the lack of a manual safety or at least a grip safety. I don't trust Glock's 'three safety' claim, I've heard too many horror stories. The second is the grip angle. It doesn't effect my shooting, I'm still quite accurate with it. But it's still uncomfortable for me.

A third and less major concern is the factory trigger pull. It seems too long to me. I know this can be adjusted (gunsmith needed, IIRC) but it's not worth it considering the other two issues.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone say Glock 19 yet?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    I've got two main things that annoy me enough to not buy Glocks. First is the lack of a manual safety or at least a grip safety. I don't trust Glock's 'three safety' claim, I've heard too many horror stories. The second is the grip angle. It doesn't effect my shooting, I'm still quite accurate with it. But it's still uncomfortable for me.

A third and less major concern is the factory trigger pull. It seems too long to me. I know this can be adjusted (gunsmith needed, IIRC) but it's not worth it considering the other two issues.
    For me a manual safety is something you use for storage. If you are carrying a you are most likely going to carry with the safety off because if you do not to employ the weapon fast, fucking with the a manual safety is the last thing you want to do.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    For me a manual safety is something you use for storage. If you are carrying a you are most likely going to carry with the safety off because if you do not to employ the weapon fast, fucking with the a manual safety is the last thing you want to do.
    I turn off the safety as part of my CCW draw, rehearsed it something like a million times. A manual safety doesn't slow me down any more. That started when my primary CCW was a 1911 with the safety on and the hammer back.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:56pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glock is the best pistol you will get for the money. The Sig is very very nice with good clean action but I could not justify the price for just minimal differences. The customization for Glocks is fun also. I miss mine and I am currently looking for a great price on one myself.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 4:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I turn off the safety as part of my CCW draw, rehearsed it something like a million times. A manual safety doesn't slow me down any more. That started when my primary CCW was a 1911 with the safety on and the hammer back.
    Great but the Glock will still be faster with less to worry about.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 5:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Great but the Glock will still be faster with less to worry about.
    Unless I wear a windbreaker and one of the little dongles just happens to get caught in the trigger guard somehow. Then it'll be faster to shoot me in the lower back or ass. Also, if the manual safety is disengaged by the time I've got the firearm on target then how exactly is the Glock going to be ready faster?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 5:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless I wear a windbreaker and one of the little dongles just happens to get caught in the trigger guard somehow. Then it'll be faster to shoot me in the lower back or ass. Also, if the manual safety is disengaged by the time I've got the firearm on target then how exactly is the Glock going to be ready faster?
    In the Glock's defense you would have to pull the trigger completely with the clothing snag in order to disengage the other safety which is internal on the firing pin.

However I do understand your concern as I am mainly a target shooter and as such I never have a round chambered untill I'm about to fire. I would be very paranoid walking around with any gun with a round in the pipe that didn't have an external physical hammer / firing pin safety type that you could literally just dry fire against without a worry of accidental discharge. But I'm not LEO or military so I have zero training or practice in that kind of firearm carry.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast