223503 Bullies, 3724 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 32
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 12:14pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Buy what you enjoy shooting. Personally, I don't like the Glock trigger so I went for the Sig. However, if you don't like the double-action pull of the Beretta, I don't know that you'll like the DA on the Sig either: it's pretty heavy.
    I agree with you on that, however the Sig just fits my hand better so that first DA pull just feels better.

    Clearly at this point I just need to go put a bunch more rounds through both of these models, or just flip a coin since I like them both, or just get them both LOL. Actually thinking out loud I'll probably just get the Glock since I already have a range type gun in the Beretta and the Glock is smaller and lighter than both the Beretta and Sig, I already have a full size pistol.
  2. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:03pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS, just curious, what is it about the Glock trigger that annoys you, the safety on the trigger, the light trigger pull, or the shape, orrrr......
  3. wetware is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,126

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:34pm


     Style: BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    PS, just curious, what is it about the Glock trigger that annoys you, the safety on the trigger, the light trigger pull, or the shape, orrrr......
    I've got two main things that annoy me enough to not buy Glocks. First is the lack of a manual safety or at least a grip safety. I don't trust Glock's 'three safety' claim, I've heard too many horror stories. The second is the grip angle. It doesn't effect my shooting, I'm still quite accurate with it. But it's still uncomfortable for me.

    A third and less major concern is the factory trigger pull. It seems too long to me. I know this can be adjusted (gunsmith needed, IIRC) but it's not worth it considering the other two issues.
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone say Glock 19 yet?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    I've got two main things that annoy me enough to not buy Glocks. First is the lack of a manual safety or at least a grip safety. I don't trust Glock's 'three safety' claim, I've heard too many horror stories. The second is the grip angle. It doesn't effect my shooting, I'm still quite accurate with it. But it's still uncomfortable for me.

    A third and less major concern is the factory trigger pull. It seems too long to me. I know this can be adjusted (gunsmith needed, IIRC) but it's not worth it considering the other two issues.
    For me a manual safety is something you use for storage. If you are carrying a you are most likely going to carry with the safety off because if you do not to employ the weapon fast, fucking with the a manual safety is the last thing you want to do.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  6. wetware is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,126

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:48pm


     Style: BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    For me a manual safety is something you use for storage. If you are carrying a you are most likely going to carry with the safety off because if you do not to employ the weapon fast, fucking with the a manual safety is the last thing you want to do.
    I turn off the safety as part of my CCW draw, rehearsed it something like a million times. A manual safety doesn't slow me down any more. That started when my primary CCW was a 1911 with the safety on and the hammer back.
  7. Coach Josh is offline
    Coach Josh's Avatar

    Silent Guardian

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,183

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:56pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glock is the best pistol you will get for the money. The Sig is very very nice with good clean action but I could not justify the price for just minimal differences. The customization for Glocks is fun also. I miss mine and I am currently looking for a great price on one myself.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.
  8. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 4:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    I turn off the safety as part of my CCW draw, rehearsed it something like a million times. A manual safety doesn't slow me down any more. That started when my primary CCW was a 1911 with the safety on and the hammer back.
    Great but the Glock will still be faster with less to worry about.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  9. wetware is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,126

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 5:16pm


     Style: BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Great but the Glock will still be faster with less to worry about.
    Unless I wear a windbreaker and one of the little dongles just happens to get caught in the trigger guard somehow. Then it'll be faster to shoot me in the lower back or ass. Also, if the manual safety is disengaged by the time I've got the firearm on target then how exactly is the Glock going to be ready faster?
  10. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/24/2011 5:40pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Unless I wear a windbreaker and one of the little dongles just happens to get caught in the trigger guard somehow. Then it'll be faster to shoot me in the lower back or ass. Also, if the manual safety is disengaged by the time I've got the firearm on target then how exactly is the Glock going to be ready faster?
    In the Glock's defense you would have to pull the trigger completely with the clothing snag in order to disengage the other safety which is internal on the firing pin.

    However I do understand your concern as I am mainly a target shooter and as such I never have a round chambered untill I'm about to fire. I would be very paranoid walking around with any gun with a round in the pipe that didn't have an external physical hammer / firing pin safety type that you could literally just dry fire against without a worry of accidental discharge. But I'm not LEO or military so I have zero training or practice in that kind of firearm carry.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.