Administrator

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 9:39am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Grow a pair and talk to the guy you have a problem with instead of posting bullshit.
    What he said.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 9:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Grow a pair and talk to the guy you have a problem with instead of posting bullshit.
    Exactly. Also, you seem to KNOW he is a sporadic student. You should have talked to him during or immediately after for clarification as you may not have seen him for days or months.

You still haven't clarified the sparring match. Learning occurs from light tippy tap to full contact. Even so called "friendly sparring" which was never clarified can be different levels of contact. You say haymakers the guy may say he was told to work on hooks by the coach.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respect is earned through honest communication. Clearly the two of you had different ideas of what was to be accomplished in the session. All you have to do is chat with the guy briefly and respectfully before, after, or during the session in order to get on the same page. If you find he is dishonest after doing so then simply don't spar with him again. End of.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Talk, and if that doesn't work then maybe you shouldn't be sparring with them.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my advice is still best advice. make him hurt so bad that he pisses blood and his only dream is of a fist hitting his broken face over and over, until you dont have to see him again cos hes assigned to a mental institution.

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 3:47pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First thing? Ask him to ease up a little. If he doesn't listen, then figure out something else, whether it's talking to your coach or just flat-out avoiding the guy. Or just counter him. You said they were all big and telegraphed, throw something straight down the middle.

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 7:07pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Avoid him in sparring, a noob's goal should be to obtain a competent level without getting badly injured. Whenever a white belt so much as looks at my legs i tap, your ego is not worth setting back your training by weeks.

Beginner classes are filled with weekend warriors and guys who will never get the basics down but want to prove something by treating sparring like a fight. Talking to them achieves nothing, you avoid potential injuries until you have surpassed their level and can thus handle them without their spazzyness fucking you up.

Full contact sparring before you are even able to counter someone throwing pure haymakers is a colossal waste of time.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 7:27am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Griff View Post
    A few weeks back I sparred this guy at my muay thai gym. We'd sparred previously a few months back, but without kicks because he didn't have shin guards yet. His technique completely changed during the most recent time we sparred. He just seemed fixated on knocking my head off this time around, complete with haymaker after haymaker. I came out of it alright since they were all pretty telegraphed, but it surprised the hell out of me when he launched the first haymaker because I saw a few months back that he did indeed know how to punch and now this time he just full on tried to slug me. Two questions:

1) Do any of you guys have stories similar to this?

2) How did you deal with it/ How should someone deal with it?
    If you can't deal with a noob who sporadically trains doing this how will you cope in competition? Sounds like he's doing you a favour.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 8:12am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Missing posts moved here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105185

Any further trolling in this thread will result in the guilty party receiving infractions.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 8:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Talk to him

2) If communications don't work:
    - "push" teep (when his hand is still going backwards to "load" the haymaker)
    - "block" teep (when the haymaker is in front motion)
    - Sortir en arrière combatante (a.k.a. going backwards while simultainius kicking roundhouse and low-kicks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast