Posted On:3/14/2004 2:32am
Thanks for the kind words... Here are some right back atcha...
Vargas- I hate you. Thanks for the whizzer advice, and the standup advice.
JKDChick- Thanks for the ride. Nice leglock war! Was it the Achille's lock I tapped to?
Anthony- Don't worry about the elbow. It feels fine. QUIT SMOKING!!
nasty_totoro- Really enjoyed rolling with ya, and punching ya... etc.
Shironinja- We didn't really get to do anything, but next time we will!!
"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg
El Guapo says dance!
Posted On:3/14/2004 3:56am
lets see ...i got submitted and taken down multiple times by the TKD ninja with no grappling experience
got triangled by this huge BJJ master ...
got stabbed multiple times by the bruce lee wanna be girl ...
and got clocked by multiple right hooks from the pankration specialist ...
but worst of all .... i got rear mounted by this huge wrestling dude from down south ... and he didn't use petroleum jelly as promised ...
yep ... feeling pretty proud of myself :P
let's roll again sometime ... i'll PM y'all my # ... call me if you wanna beat me up :D
and thanks to all of you for the great time
Last edited by nasty_totoro; 3/14/2004 4:14am at .
totoro-san ... world sushi munching champion ...
Posted On:3/14/2004 3:59am
Style: JKD, BJJ
shironinja, it might be an idea for a bunch of us to get together and go to the drop in wrestling at Coccoon Athletics, or just find a place with mats once in a while and hold a little "mini-McThrowdown" and just DRILL BJJ and such.
Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Posted On:3/14/2004 4:14am
double thanks to JKD chick for setting it up too ...
The Man with No Neck
Posted On:3/14/2004 11:37am
Style: submission wrestling
Finally! I'm using a laptop on the road and I'm using Dial-up, which sucks bigtime. I had an awesome time (except when you guys stuck me in Anthony's gi. Felt like I was trying to fight in a giant beach towel!) Thanks to everyone for showing up and big props to JKDChick for putting the whole thing together. I will definitely let ya'll know when I'm back in B.C., we need to do that again.
Random thought and musings:
- I love that gym, I want to be a stuntman when I grow up. That was the coolest training gym I've ever seen (and I train in a place with an NHB cage).
- I need to find a judo/BJJ place and get some gi work. I do pretty good in my spandex, but wearing that tent of Anthony's was killing me! I think JKDChick was taking it easy on me, she just didn't want to give me a gi-burn on my face :)
- All of you guys in Vancouver are great, I wish more of the sub guys I train with were like Canucks. Rolling with friendly and dedicated MAs is what it's all about. All of the guys that ducked out with lame excuses have no idea how much fun they missed.
- I must be getting old, my back was pretty sore this morning. I think having Anthony land on me and trying to thrash my way out of JKDChick's guard when I was wearing that #$$%#$ gi did me in. The good news is that I live at 6500 feet in NM, so I was huffing and puffing too bad at sea level. Plus, I don't smoke any more (unlike all the Vancouverites :) )
- As for critiques, can't think of much. Everyone seemed really open-minded and intent on learning anything they can to improve their fighting ability. I saw that I need more stand-up (shironinja knocked me on my ass in the kickboxing phase) and definitely need gi work (thanks to JKDChick for that frustrating exercise in bathrobe-do).
- Again, thanks to the Fab Five for inviting me to the McThrowdown, let me know when the rematch is!!
Last edited by Vargas; 3/14/2004 11:42am at .
"I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."
- George Plimpton
My guns bigger than Scrapper's!
Posted On:3/14/2004 12:16pm
YOU LET A FLYBOY SCHOOL YA!!!!!!
Sounds like good fun was had by all. Now I'm actually looking forward to moving back stateside (in a yr or so) Can't wait to choke....er meet all of you guys for the Mother of all McThrowdowns.
Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!
Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
Posted On:3/14/2004 2:31pm
Originally posted by Vargas
All of the guys that ducked out with lame excuses have no idea how much fun they missed.
My excuse wasn't lame, I'm just poor, really :P
Posted On:3/14/2004 5:52pm
No, no, you have to face the fact that you're a pusssy coward.
Sorry about your back Vargas ... well, a little bit anyway.
And I DO NOT SMOKE!!!!
Posted On:3/14/2004 6:33pm
Style: Muay Thai & BJJ
Man, my back is sore too. Didn't want to get out of bed.
Top it off, I feel like my head is about to explode.
Pics and movies up yet?
Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
"Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Posted On:3/14/2004 8:23pm
my wrist and knee are sore ...
won't even talk about my head ... still feel that right hook :(
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info