Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:08am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vancouver Aftermath

The Vancouver McThrowdown has just ended and, well, I had a great time.

Vargas -- I hate you, unless we only roll with gi's.

nasty_totoro -- Thanks for all the advice, and for punching me in the head lots. It's a good learning experience.

chaosexmachina -- Dude, you've got talent. Stay off the nicotine and keep training your butt off.

shironinja -- For a guy who's never grappled, you pick it up quick. Nice base.

Anthony -- you aren't old, just out of shape :p . But we love you anyway.

Mostly, we all rolled around no-gi. Vargas did some Vale Tudo style stuff with some of us ... it's a bit of a revelation that the guard ain't such a strong position when people can punch.

I'm going to get something to eat now, and have a bath and such. Everyone else, chime in.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow it sounded like fun. Meantime I'm at work. You guys should have taken pictures of video camera footage to show the rest of us here at Bullshido.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:24am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I"m gonna retry to retype everything I did earlier.

Vargas, I HATE YOU. <<< Notice this is a recurring thing among those of us you beat on. :)

All joking aside, Vargas, you rock bro. It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife. Thank you for explaining to me what I was doing wrong and helping me correct it. Hard to believe, but I was doing standard Gracie defense to the knee on belly, methinks it's time to move on. :( Getting beat on and tapped under a minute both times, makes one think, maybe there is another way. It also reminds me of an onld post of yours regarding the information, and it's dissemination. Being a former enlisted, I try not to like you O Pukes, but damn if I can help myself, you brought the pro element to the throwdown!

JKDChick, great job putting it all together, the place was excellent, a real hones to God Stunt place, with a damn cool owner Kyle. We never did get to roll, one of these days. :) You are a machine, and I am impressed. The Gi on Gi match with Vargas was probably the highlight of the afternoon. You took him right out of his game with him wearing a Gi. Awesome! Again, this was an awesome job!

Shironinja, I concur with JKDChick, drop the TKD. LOL, get with grappling, cause you picked it up QUICK! You also got some serious pain threshholds, Vargas was going to town on the inside and outside of your thigh, and you took it like a champ, you are gonna be vicious on the ground!

Nasty Totoro, We represented the Asian population of Vancity well! W00T! Man, I will work on my reverse triangle. But I expect by the time I get it right, you will already know how to counter it! I always wondered about you Pankration guys, your skill is evident. I'm gonna have to really get back to it hardcore just to keep with you!

Chaossexmachine, you got great base dude, thanks for you and Eric explaining the difference with MMA and BJJ. I totally forgot about the punching aspect. I think the longest match was you and JKDChick rolling. TOTAL WAR. You are a trooper, hurt your elbow and still go on. I actually think I kimura'd you on that bad elbow, (Cause I forgot), and you were like, I'm okay. Hardcore dude!

What I got out of this:

1. I will be looking to do more MMA, versus just Jits.
    2. Vargas is a BASTARD on the ground, and damn he has some serious fucking skills.
    3. JKDChick is a machine on the mats, she can roll all day long.
    4. I need to lose more weight.
    5. I am extremely sexy in that light in the studio. I wanted to do myself right there and then.
    6. Every day is another day to get it right, and learn something new. Which I did today.

I had a blast, we need to do it again, soon! Same place, it was great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:28am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh. I pulled something on the left side. I choose to blame Vargas.

We did take pictures, and I suspect that some of them will get posted. My usual request is that please don't post any pictures of me, but anyone who GOT pictures of me -- I'd appreciate seeing them.

There was a good group shot (sans me) that should go up if no one objects, and actually if anyone has a good picture of that turn-over I got on Vargas during the gi match, I might consider allowing that one to go up. Makes me look like less of a goober than normal.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got that pic I think Chica. Of you sweeping Vargas. I'll get it to you. :)

I pulled my right delt, it sucks, but just got out of really hot bath with epson salts, so I'm okay. :)
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

shadow weight

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was an awesome... :)

Thank-you EVERYONE -- I've got a LOT of new information to digest which was what I wanted. From sprawling to the arm bars, the ground work, take-downs, etc, ETC!!! Good stuff and is appreciated!!!!

I'm in TKD until my contract runs out (July 01) ... after which I'll likely transition more into kickboxing plus pick up more grappling.

Today was an eye-opener and was MUCH appreciated.

Rolling is fun as hell and I'll be looking to do that again sometime soon.

I have a few pictures... but not many. Didn't think about taking pictures 'cause was busy trying to soak in as much info as I could.

What I have:

Video:

Anythony vs Vargas
    shironinja vs Vargas
    nasty_totoro vs Vargas

+ 3 or 4 pictures

Anyone got web space? Looking for a palsy 13 MB. Will message Phrost to query... but if anyone knows of a better location please private message or respond here. Out for an hour but will likely then be back for the night.

Thanks again!!!
    Now or never.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony VS Vargas - That's about 40 seconds! hahahah

shadow weight

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vargas is a monster... no doubt about that. I think he could have bench-pressed all of us combined...!!!!!111

Your video is 1:06 but I missed the bowing in ceremony...... Haha!!
    Now or never.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 12:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahahahaahah

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/14/2004 1:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats it next time in Canada. Theres gonna be a rrruumbllllleee in the ju..... ah you guys no what I mean.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast