Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who is it going to take to take out John "Bones" Jones ?

After watching him literally dominate his last two opponents and MASSACRE Rua... I am just curious who everyone else thinks is going to be able to step up to this kid and take him down ?????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jones.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	12467

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:20pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashad EhahahahahaNO.

I think Jones holds it for a while if he can stay excited now that he's reached the top.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, in 4-5 years he won't be able to make the cut to 205 anymore, but he won't be big enough to handle the guys cutting down to 265, and his career will end in a flurry of losses at HW after a string of complete domination at 205. This will lead to people calling him over rated, saying he only ever beat cans, and claiming he's been "exposed" by whoever the first guy to beat him is.
    Every fighter he's beat up to that point will then be used as an example of why he was never REALLY tested with good competition. After three losses in a row at HW he will retire in disgrace.

So... Sherdog. Sherdog will defeat Jon Jones.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure why everyone seems to assume he will go to Heavyweight. Surely, a 23 year old man doesn't grow with the speed of an infant and he should be able to maintain 205?

Unless, of course, he joins Overeem's camp and gains 60 pounds of totally natural muscle.

As for the topic: Anyone with a huge right hand and a good enough sense of timing to predict when Jones is going to throw some of his cocky crazy-ass **** has the capacity of taking him out like Fedor did Arlovski. I'd say Henderson might have a shot.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's 23. he'll continue to fill out until his late 20s. He already cuts a pretty good bit to get down to 205. The cut will only get harder as he gets older. I'm calling it 28 before the cut starts to take a big toll on his performance.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the dude is a SKELETON at the weigh ins. name me one fight where hasnt showed up with a massive size advantage? he made Bader and Rua look like children. he is NOT gonna be able to make that cut for much for longer. I agree with Kints prediction. unless they make another 205-230 pound division, hes gonna be a goner in a few years time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:45pm

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At this point I hope he doesn't get taken out fast since I'm getting annoyed at the belt changing hands so fast.

Not sure why everyone seems to assume he will go to Heavyweight. Surely, a 23 year old man doesn't grow with the speed of an infant and he should be able to maintain 205?
    You do take on a lot of muscle mass at that age. So seeing as he's tall for light heavyweight, he's a couple inches taller than the other top LH, it's going to be hard for him to make the weight. I don't see him having a problem in the heavyweight class though, he's of average heigt there.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think rashad has the boxing to clip him, plus he knows the timing for all his crazy **** from when they trained together, he's huge but so is brock lesnar, and we saw what a smaller guy did to him.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 4:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    He's 23. he'll continue to fill out until his late 20s. He already cuts a pretty good bit to get down to 205. The cut will only get harder as he gets older. I'm calling it 28 before the cut starts to take a big toll on his performance.
    I am on the same track as you on this but I expect it sooner than that. I would like to see someone smaller than him take him out. With his reach it is gonna be tough.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashad won't win. He has decent enough boxing to do it, but he won't take the risk so he won't be seeing the reward.

I predict Rashad to try and wrasslefag his way to victory.. and fail.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast