232401 Bullies, 3967 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 7:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creativo View Post
    I like how extreme this stuff gets. Drivers get huge trucks and gigantic V8's (although the speed limit is ridiculous), cyclists that mass together to reclaim the streets are ALL hipsters with no jobs... throw in some guns and you have the whole USA picture apparently.
    Reclaim the streets....LOL! How'd that work out for them?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 1:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    tallest man on Bullshido, ladies and gentlemen.
    You're just sauer i dwarf you both physically and intellectually.
    suck it up.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a former cycling coach and industry person, **** the critical massholes.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 2:17pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    This is exactly why Critical Mass occurs, because a lot of people think that bikes are not vehicles or traffic, you seem to forget that cyclists have a right to use the road system, whereas all other traffic has a privilege based on licensing that can be revoked if the licensee is not responsible enough, because drivers of vehicles are far more capable of causing death and injury than a guy on a bike, regardless of anecdotal evidence of it occurring once in a while.

I don't agree with militant critical mass style cycling events for what its worth, but, while there are a large proportion of people that view cyclists as not belonging on roads, it's going to happen. It's a fucking shitty attitude to see roads as purely being there for motorised transport.
    If bikes want the same respect, and rights, as cars they need to follow the same laws as cars.

If there is a red light, I as a motorist have to stop, bikes should, they do not.

If there is an emergency vehicle, I as a motorist have to pull over, bikes should, they do not.

If there is a school bus with it's lights flashing, I as a motorist have to stop, bikes should, they do not.

I have seen a cyclist run into a child who was trying to get on the bus because the cyclist chose to ride up onto the sidewalk to avoid the cars that had stopped for the same school bus.

I bike, I enjoy biking, but I bike off road as much as possible, both for safety, and because I can get places faster off road then on.

--Edit

Also, from what I can see of these "protests" they ride in a bunch, they weave from lane to lane without signaling their intent, and generally bike in an unsafe manner. No wonder they get run over.
    Last edited by ignatzami; 4/04/2011 2:25pm at . Reason: Spelling
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 2:22pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    If bikes want the same respect, and rites, as cars they need to follow the same laws as cars.

If there is a red light, I as a motorist have to stop, bikes should, they do not.

If there is an emergency vehicle, I as a motorist have to pull over, bikes should to, they do not.

If there is a school bus with it's lights flashing, I as a motorist have to stop, bikes should to, they do not.

I have seen a cyclist run into a child who was trying to get on the bus because the cyclist chose to ride up onto the sidewalk to avoid the cars that had stopped for the same school bus.

I bike, I enjoy biking, but I bike off road as much as possible, both for safety, and because I can get places faster off road then on.
    I agree.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 9:20am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    I agree.
    Sadly, a large portion of my local cycling community wouldn't agree.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

:)

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do the mass cycling at night here, that I've seen (not as a protest, but an awesome thing). It's spectacular, as many of them are on penny farthings, or other oddly shaped bikes.

Very surreal.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    They do the mass cycling at night here, that I've seen (not as a protest, but an awesome thing). It's spectacular, as many of them are on penny farthings, or other oddly shaped bikes.

Very surreal.
    I used to wonder why those penny farthing bikes went out of style, because you get to sit up really high and look awesome, then I saw what happens when you fall off one.

Posted On:
    4/05/2011 1:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I used to wonder why those penny farthing bikes went out of style, because you get to sit up really high and look awesome, then I saw what happens when you fall off one.

The only way to get higher gearing was to get a taller front wheel, so the tallest bikes were for the "manliest" of riders.
    A choppy pedal stroke gets you ejected like the above.

While i am all for common sense bicycle advocacy and abohr the massholes it is worth noting that in the US paved roads were originally built for bicycles due to the lobbying efforts of the League of American Wheelmen (LAW).
    Bicycles are in fact traffic and have a "right" to be there, physics notwithstanding.
    That said while driving i am very careful around cyclists and am even more wary while on a bike.
    An ex-gf was hit from behind while doing everything she was supposed to.
    Guy was drunk and methed out and hit her square at about 60mph.
    Blew her clean out of her shoes, causing multiple spinal fractures among other broken bones and glass lacerations.
    She survived but had several surgeries after spending a couple months in icu.
    Getting hit by a car is no joke...
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast