Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 9:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thl144 View Post

The assertion is weak because of where it came from originally. If a client prefers to go with my company instead of someone else that person, instead of improving their product, can do the much easier effort of getting on a keyboard and flame away anonymously. It's part of the business and I accept that and ignore it.
    You keep saying this,This wall was created approximately in 2001 long before the net had the information it does now. The AuthentiSeal group put you on their wall for a reason. What I see from your current words is an implication that they were being dishonest. That they fell for the facts based on a disgruntled person with an "axe to grind." Do you have any proof, threads, or correspondence that show this person for what he or she is concerning you?.

I'm not sure how I benefit from such reports most of which paint me as a crazed vigilante teaching killing merely because I had the crazy idea in the UK that people facing grievous bodily harm should be able to protect themselves.
    Can you show us the articles as none of the ones Dave posted do that at all?

The focus in those articles was to deter any sane person from attending my training or buying my products. It certainly deterred people from attending seminars in the UK especially with some of the protests. The venues I used in parts of the UK cancelled my lease for the seminars due to those stories.
    Any proof or correspondence of the protests and the cancelling of venues for the reasons stated?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TFT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fake I was operating for 10 years prior to that post and have operated 10 years since if I was going around in that manner it would be noted by those that attend trainings and the federal and military units. In fact it would've made far more sense to me if these accusations occurred when I was with SCARS since Peterson had a gift for pissing off everyone.

Yet all those years I was stating the exact same background no one ever accusing me of that and there I was as a civilian contractor working at US/Nato bases teaching combatives.
    That was one time they contacted me and I didn't think they were dishonest. They were very professional and they didn't vilify me. I do know where it came from and no I don't want to share publicly because it was taken care of and this guy is no longer relevant in the biz.

No client has ever made such complaints nor any LEO/Military unit personnel that has actually attended training because I don't say nor infer that I was ever a SEAL. My military career was where I was introduced to the training but my resume in this business commenced after my military career.

I came here to make myself available to answer questions not go on trial. The accusations I've addressed directly yet the response is always prove it. It is an endless cycle. You will keep your opinion as is your right. I dont hide and if anyone who is a representative of the forum wants to speak directly in person I'm around.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This isn't a trial nor is it a paid advertisement.

You brought up the UK position, twice now, you said it is someone out to get get you, and I asked you questions about your assertions. I asked you if you had proof of the smear campaign and protests you just alleged.

Don't like it? Don't want to answer your own points that YOU raised? Then don't bring it up.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The accusations I've addressed directly yet the response is always prove it. It is an endless cycle.
    Not if you prove your claims it's not. Your post indicates you think we should be satisfied by your online statements. How credible do you think we would we be if we "took everyone's word for it online"?

"Hey, I'm a 500th Dan in jnp jiu-jitsu! You guys will take my word for it right?"

I provided proof of my military and BJJ credentials to the site before I got the tags displayed at the top of my posts.

Please excuse us if we believe in holding you to the same standards we follow ourselves. We were unaware that your online posts were gospel.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fake everything I answered was in response to the questions or statements. Authenti-SEAL was asked about I said the complaint was from one competitor that sparked the interview with them. The statement was made that I benefited from the UK media saying erroneously I was a former SEAL I pointed to the fact that during that time it sidetracked a ten year history of offering seminars to the UK. The UK press was dealing with an unprecedented rise in knife crime and I was used as a poster boy for a vigilante response. I dont think people are out to get me but I also wont ignore when someone is trying to screw with me.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:33am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tim..

Please don't think that I'm approaching this as if I have an axe to grind here or, that I'm predisposed in my opinion of you or your system, I have neither, what I am doing however is illustrating a perspective of a reasonable person who might, having researched the information at hand within the public domain, be lead to believe something which isn't entirely accurate.

That said, respectfully, we could argue these (yours and mine) points endlessly here and, at the end of the day all we'd be doing is arguing semantics because we know - from your own website and from your own words, - you never served as a SEAL.

Personally I think it's a pointless exercise to continually beat that dead donkey to death unless of course there's some information or evidence we've yet to see which suggests you have in fact alluded too or intentionally mislead anyone into the conclusion you were a SEAL.

With that in mind I'd like to ask you some questions about your method of combatives, if that's ok with you.

What makes your system of combatives so effective?

Do you take into account the equipment weight and load-outs carried by operationally deployed soldiers and the effect that kit has on an individuals mobility both whilst standing and when on the ground ?

How has your system changed (if at all) to take into consideration the environments such as Iraq and Afghanistan and the nature of the contacts which occur within those theater of operations ?

Do you have any statistical data which indicates the number of occasions when military combatants find themselves in direct unarmed/hand to hand situations, say over the last decade ?

Is your system designed specifically for special operations personel than for standard line infantry ?

Thanks again

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UK press was dealing with an unprecedented rise in knife crime and I was used as a poster boy for a vigilante response.
    On that point Tim, what information did you provide to the UK Media which lead them to the incorrect statement that you were in fact a former SEAL?

Do you have a company/personal PR media release sheet that you provide to the press as background information on you and your services or, do you merely point them to your website or, is it simply what you tell them at the time ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JNP I think you are relying a great deal of whats said about me from online sources of which you give lots of credence to yet say at the same time online shouldn't be taken at face value. I'm brand new to this and any forum actually so I apologize if I was supposed to get vetted and submit paperwork. I don't know your protocols here and if that offends you then so be it. My history and background in the biz are listed on my site and proven with real courses and training real people. I'll gladly put my resume and client list against any in the industry. As I stated I dont hide and am easily reachable as I hold seminars throughout the US and Intl and have done so for 20 years plus run a full time instructor facility in San Diego. The fact you dont know about me or what I do isn't my concern just as the fact I know nothing of yours should concern you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave- I point media to my website when they contact me. I typical get martial arts type inquiries from Blitz or Black Belt. A client in the UK wanted their PR guys to handle inquiries for me when the venues started to get concerned about holding seminars. After a radio interview on the BBC with Jeremy Vines it all pretty much died down when the rabbi they brought on to debate me ended up saying my self defense position was reasonable. I dont get a lot of inquiries and operated for years with no coverage. It was the knife crime issues in the UK that was the spark for this blitz of coverage.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2011 10:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave- I've got lots of info on my system etc... I don't feel this is the forum to discuss my systems merits. I'm not here to promote TFT. I'd be glad to have this discussion offline and if you want to share it on the forum that's your call. That said if this is an appropriate place to discuss I'll answer anything you want. I just got the idea that if i went down that road I'd be breaking the forums protocols as JNP pointed out.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast