Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TFT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not 144 only 19 guys finished in that class. If you read on it was from a Time piece done on class 211. Class 144-146 were featured in a Parade magazine piece.

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:09am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thl144 View Post
    I started in class 144 led my boat crew to not only complete Hell Week but win it. I developed severe shin splints and was rolled back to Class 146 where I severely blew my eardrums towards the end of Bud/s training. I attempted to to dive again in class 147 and then was medically disenroll from BUD/s with permanent damage and minor hearing loss to my ears. Dont know who the guy from 167 is but he is seems to have an axe to grind and likes to make up stories to support his lies.

There's no group that ever contacted me or "forced me to retract" anything because my bio on my site clearly has stated for the last 25 years that injury ended my goal to be a SEAL Operator.

My whole Navy career was in Spec War Intel and if this guy had met me in 1989 then he would have known I was an active duty USN Lt stationed at NAVSPECWARCOM in Coronado working for ADM. Lemoyne who commanded all the SEAL Teams. It's funny because I couldnt be in biz all these years if I was going around acting the way some of these cyberflamers claim. Just too small a community for that to occur.

But I have no illusions that I can change any minds bend on trashing me gratuitously. Just goes with being in this biz.
    I will take your response as a specific denial of Matchanu's claims concerning your training record and I will ask him to come here so he may discuss this matter further.

When you say "I severely blew my eardrums towards the end of Bud/s training." was that a SEAL training dive, or an off duty dive as he claims?

Some of my questions:

Between what years (and in what training classes) was SCARS officially used by the U.S. Navy SEALS. Why did they decide to end their official use of this system, and what reason did they officially provide for doing so.

Have you had any interactions with either cyber-seals or authenti-seal (the latter is defunct) regarding your credentials or any assertion they made that you had claimed to be a SEAL? If so please describe what happened.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 10/18/2011 11:18am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My ear injury occurred during a BUD/S evolution not an off duty dive.

SCARS started in 1988 with a pilot course with senoir specwar personnel then was implement at BUD/s. Over 200 Spec Ops personnel were trained as SCARS trainers and it was used until 1995-96 when Jerry Peterson successfully burned every SPECWAR bridge with his tremendous ego. I've covered all this in numerous interviews and media pieces.

Years ago I got a contact from a group (authenti-seal I think back then) who had a complaint in my NYC DVD set I spoke of SEAL Training and (the the person's view) gave the impression I was passing myself off as a SEAL. I then submitted the whole dvd which starts off telling about my ears being blown out and it ending my goal of being a SEAL which is a tenant of what we teach in TFT which is no matter how much we try to over come obstacles with training and conditioning the body when injured trumps will and conditioning. So the issue was dismissed. When my old CO Capt Larry Bailey came on board there as an adviser he laughed at such claims since he and his staff put me through training and knew all the details of my career. My bio has always stated the facts of my career and again I can't control anonymous posters with axes to grind.
    Last edited by thl144; 10/18/2011 11:41am at . Reason: hit enter too soon.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Larkin.

Have you ever stated to anyone that you were a SEAL ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. I've given numerous media interviews over the last 20 years and sloppy reporters in the have made that jump because they don't read provided bios nor listen well. I get retractions from these groups as I'm clear and proud of my service in Spec War Intel. Again if I went around doing so I'd of been gone from this biz but I also have real thick skin so I can roll with it. I like that this forum at least gives me an opportunity to respond to such gratuitous statements.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 11:51am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such as..

http://www.mystrengthforlife.com/reviews.php

"Where most fitness programs are limited to focusing on aestheticslooksin Strength for Life you will build strength at the core, for true and lasting transformation. As an expert in self-defense and former Navy SEAL Strength for Life is the only fitness guide that I've found that will show you how to access your true and full strengthStrength for Life gives you the power to reach our full potential that few ever discover in this life."

Tim Larkin, Self Defense Expert/Trainer, US Navy SEAL Retired, Creator of Target-Focus Training
    Emphasis mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larkin.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	12821  

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 12:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...our-moves.html

A CONTROVERSIAL self defence artist has arrived in UK – claiming he can show Brits how to kill someone in FOUR lethal moves.
    Ex US Navy Seal Tim Larkin says some violent situations require 'a kill or be killed' mentality.

Tim calls his self-made martial art 'Target Focus Training' and will hold two day courses in Slough, Berks, this month.

He believes his controversial defence techniques are necessary in the 21st century against 'social predators'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larkin2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	12822  

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 12:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Larkin,

Don't get me wrong, I've no axe to grind here specifically however, can you see how people might get just a little pissed off reading material which exists in the public domain which specifically states you were a SEAL ?

I take on board your explanation that you've perhaps been mis quoted or, journalists may have made an incorrect assumption however, how much more of the same am I likely to find if I were to invest more than just a few minutes on Google, before I start to form an opinion based upon a consistency of what you describe as "sloppy reporting" ?

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 12:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rock Ape- Great examples of my point. Shawn Phillips is a friend and asked for an endorsement. His publisher calls up and gets a quote about the book Strength For Life. I say nothing about SEAL TEAMs and they edit and add "As an expert in self-defense and former Navy SEAL" and list me as a retired NAVY SEAL. I get it retracted and it still is out there on the net.

The Brit media is notoriously sloppy and goes with the sensational they see SEALs mentioned in my background and figure it sounds better if they make me seem like a crazed Navy SEAL. I don't know how much people on Bullshido have dealt with the National/Intl Media but it isnt something you can necessarily control after the interview. It's part of the biz and all I can do is control what I can control and try to retract any mis information. But if you or anyone else actually checked me out or my system by experiencing my free info or products or (God Forbid) actually train with me it would be very clear who I am and what is my background .

I can only point out that I've reached millions with my free information, sold hundreds of thousands my information products, and taught tens of thousands in over 52 countries in the last 20+ years with a ridiculously small refund/return rate. If I was a fraud that couldn't occur even with the best marketing. So I stand on my own record and I have no issue with forums like this if people want to ask me legit questions like yours.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast