Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo & Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu_Uga View Post
    I have trained with Tim several times and can attest to his background. He was in SEAL selection training himself til he blew out an eardrum on a dive. Rather then Leave the program totally he was chosen to help develop the hand to hand system for the special ops community.
    I seriously doubt the veracity of this statement. I know of no valid reason / purpose and have never heard of the SEALS retaining anyone who fails to pass BUDS. Why exactly would the SEALs want someone who failed to successfully complete training to have any part of creating or providing training to the successful graduates. Having worked with SEAL Teams on several occasions, I know that SEALs are unforgiving and unwilling to accept anyone who fails to meet the standards of their training program. I'm sorry but this statement does not pass the smell test

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 8:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, if you go to this link you have the following information from someone who appears to be an ex-SEAL

"Hi, my name is xxxxxxxxx. I have some feedback on this acticle and some onformation I need to bring to your attention.

I first met up with Tim Larkin and Jerry Peterson in 1989 while I was attending BUD/S in Coronado, CA. The SCARS program was an experimental fighting system to be tested with current active duty SEAL, and BUD/S students. Tim Larkin attempted to pass him self off as a SEAL at our first meeting, when confronted, he claimed he was dropped from training because of a "ruptured eardrum". He has used this excuse many times. Fact is, he ruptured his eardrum in a diving accident not in training, but on a civilian dive while he was off duty. Tim Larkin never even made it to Hell Week, He has never been a Navy SEAL. The admin staff at CyberSEAL confronted him yet again when he was selling his wears on his website TFT. He apologized and "adjusted" his website. I see once again he is at it, making claims of being a Navy SEAL, a tital he has not earned.

The SCARS system was quickly dropped from NSW. It was inneffectual to say the least. Never-the-less, Jerry likes to play himself as the Yoda of NSW martial arts. Selling the NSW name for personal gain is a pet peeve of mine, but that is a totally different issue.

I spent 13 years in NSW. I fought long and hard for the tital I have earned. I take it very personally when people make claims of this tital who have not earned it.

I'm looking into some of his other claims and will inform when I have more data.

All I ask for is some truth in their advertising.

I thought you should know, as by having a write up about these guys, makes you vouch for them, intentional or otherwise.

Take care.

XXXXXXXXXX
    BUD/S 167
    ST-5 90-01
    ST-1NR 01-03"

So it wasn't a training related injury, and Tim never made it through hell week. Now elsewhere I've read that Tim was a Lt JG, so they may have then stuck him in an intell slot because he still owed the navy some time on his enlistment and they needed an "officer" for such a paper shuffling assignment.

Evidently Tim and Jerry met, and years later Tim left SCARS so that Blake would be the unquestioned number #2 guy in the SCARS system. And so the martial arts world goes.

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 8:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the interest of accuracy, I'll also send a link to Steve Robinson and ask him if he can confirm the SEAL status of the person I quoted, they may know each other from Cyber-Seal.

Posted On:
    8/06/2011 6:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WW2 stuff, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matchanu is a SOCNET mod. He's already been vetted.

Posted On:
    8/06/2011 10:18am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No offense to SOCNET, or Matchanu, but I do my own independent checks when I can. Otherwise Larkin's people can raise this obvious question.

Posted On:
    8/06/2011 3:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam,

Good to hear from you. It’s been quite awhile since I was on SOCNET, but I distinctly recall MATCHANU as being not only a real SEAL, but one of the credentialed MODERATORS on the SOCNET Discussion Forum. I do not recall his real name at the moment; sorry, but he IS a REAL Navy SEAL.

Steve

(From Steve Robinson)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 9:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TFT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...I see I've been missing out on all sorts of cyber fun here on Bullshido. If Sam Browning or someone in Bullshido's admin can help me out and get my profile to read my name, Tim Larkin, I'd be glad to address lots of these concerns some have about my system, TFT and of all the supposed "false claims" in my background. I understand that some of these guys just wanna be "keyboard black belts" and flame me and TFT from their basement bedroom in their Mom's house but I'm happy to answer questions directly. Of course you have to be prepared to be disappointed because facts usually ruin a really good story of which there are many about me and TFT here in Bullshido.

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 10:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thl144 View Post
    Wow...I see I've been missing out on all sorts of cyber fun here on Bullshido. If Sam Browning or someone in Bullshido's admin can help me out and get my profile to read my name, Tim Larkin, I'd be glad to address lots of these concerns some have about my system, TFT and of all the supposed "false claims" in my background. I understand that some of these guys just wanna be "keyboard black belts" and flame me and TFT from their basement bedroom in their Mom's house but I'm happy to answer questions directly. Of course you have to be prepared to be disappointed because facts usually ruin a really good story of which there are many about me and TFT here in Bullshido.
    Welcome to Bullshido and I'm glad that you have agreed to answer some questions. A moderator on SOCNET has reported to have met you. His post can be read above. The question is, do you disagree with the content of his post? In an edit, I have pasted his quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Okay, if you go to this link you have the following information from someone who appears to be an ex-SEAL

"Hi, my name is xxxxxxxxx. I have some feedback on this acticle and some onformation I need to bring to your attention.

I first met up with Tim Larkin and Jerry Peterson in 1989 while I was attending BUD/S in Coronado, CA. The SCARS program was an experimental fighting system to be tested with current active duty SEAL, and BUD/S students. Tim Larkin attempted to pass him self off as a SEAL at our first meeting, when confronted, he claimed he was dropped from training because of a "ruptured eardrum". He has used this excuse many times. Fact is, he ruptured his eardrum in a diving accident not in training, but on a civilian dive while he was off duty. Tim Larkin never even made it to Hell Week, He has never been a Navy SEAL. The admin staff at CyberSEAL confronted him yet again when he was selling his wears on his website TFT. He apologized and "adjusted" his website. I see once again he is at it, making claims of being a Navy SEAL, a tital he has not earned.

The SCARS system was quickly dropped from NSW. It was inneffectual to say the least. Never-the-less, Jerry likes to play himself as the Yoda of NSW martial arts. Selling the NSW name for personal gain is a pet peeve of mine, but that is a totally different issue.

I spent 13 years in NSW. I fought long and hard for the tital I have earned. I take it very personally when people make claims of this tital who have not earned it.

I'm looking into some of his other claims and will inform when I have more data.

All I ask for is some truth in their advertising.

I thought you should know, as by having a write up about these guys, makes you vouch for them, intentional or otherwise.

Take care.

XXXXXXXXXX
    BUD/S 167
    ST-5 90-01
    ST-1NR 01-03"

So it wasn't a training related injury, and Tim never made it through hell week. Now elsewhere I've read that Tim was a Lt JG, so they may have then stuck him in an intell slot because he still owed the navy some time on his enlistment and they needed an "officer" for such a paper shuffling assignment.

Evidently Tim and Jerry met, and years later Tim left SCARS so that Blake would be the unquestioned number #2 guy in the SCARS system. And so the martial arts world goes.

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 10:45am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Tim:

Please respond to the allegations raised by Matchanu. I should first ask whether you know his name based on his post. I can always invite him here as well to discuss his original comments.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2011 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TFT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started in class 144 led my boat crew to not only complete Hell Week but win it. I developed severe shin splints and was rolled back to Class 146 where I severely blew my eardrums towards the end of Bud/s training. I attempted to to dive again in class 147 and then was medically disenroll from BUD/s with permanent damage and minor hearing loss to my ears. Dont know who the guy from 167 is but he is seems to have an axe to grind and likes to make up stories to support his lies.

There's no group that ever contacted me or "forced me to retract" anything because my bio on my site clearly has stated for the last 25 years that injury ended my goal to be a SEAL Operator.

My whole Navy career was in Spec War Intel and if this guy had met me in 1989 then he would have known I was an active duty USN Lt stationed at NAVSPECWARCOM in Coronado working for ADM. Lemoyne who commanded all the SEAL Teams. It's funny because I couldnt be in biz all these years if I was going around acting the way some of these cyberflamers claim. Just too small a community for that to occur.

But I have no illusions that I can change any minds bend on trashing me gratuitously. Just goes with being in this biz.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast