Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vitamin?

so aprox 7 months ago i started paramedic school and needed to get a physical. Upon going to the doctors i found i had high bp 210/109 i weighed 336lbs and a host of other issues. after being completely scared to death i joined a bjj school and made some big changes i now weigh 290 my bp is 122/82 and im still going. I would like to take a vitamin but when i go to the store their are 40k of diff ones can anyone recommend a vitamin that would help with weightloss and also just keeping urself healthy immune support maybe thanks guys!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:46am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know there is no such thing as a weight loss vitamin. A good quality cross spectrum multi vitamin and mineral supplement is enough to cover all bases for general health though. If you want to add something else then look at EFA's and seeing as you've come from a heavier weight possibly those cholesterol reducing yogurts with plant stanols (eg Benecol). Good job on the weight loss. I got my bp down in a hurry too when I took up BJJ, just stick with it and you'll continue losing body fat and increasing cardio fitness.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what are some of the better multivitamins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:55am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pharmaton, recommended by pharmacists and GP's

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:56am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Men don't need the ones "with iron", but women do, and the expiration date is about you really should look out for in a multivitamin. There are people who will swear by brand names or ones with specific added ingredients for eyes or prostate or pretty colored pee or something, I personally don't put much stock in such things. And since you have BP issues, you might want to skip those with added potassium if you're on a low salt diet. Talk to your doctor.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 3/18/2011 10:00am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 11:01am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer vitamins that are derived from food sources, rather than chemically based. THey are more expensive of course, but there was some indication last time I checked (full disclosure, over 10 years ago) that your body absorbs the naturally derived vitamins more readily than the chemical ones.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can find most of your vitamins in vegetables. Try to eat at least 4 cups of vegetables a day. Or if you don't like veges, there is a product called ''Progressive VegeGreens®''. A verry good product if you don't eat vegetables. here's description that interests you:

http://www.popeyescanada.com/inf_progressive_greens.php

Personnaly I prefer geting my vitamins and antioxidents from real food but you look like you're looking for a supplement so that one would probably be one the best for what you are looking for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 5:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitely agree with JNP, you want to go with naturally derived vitamins not synthetics. A greens suppplement as already mentioned is a good choice. You may also want to consider a good fish oil supplement later on. Make sure you do some research particularly with the fish oil tablets to avoid ones with pcbs, mecury. Always check with your doctor.

I'd say for now though focus on your diet, plenty of fruit and veges and avoid or limit processed food as much as possible. Just don't become one of those guys with a poor diet that takes every supplement under the sun to compensate; they are called supplements not replacements.

Good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 11:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I asked a friend of mine, who has a doctorate in pharmacology, "what is a good vitamin to take?" He said to take Centrum Silver because its cheap and good and then lectured about eating right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 12:43am

Style: Tae Kwon Do/ Gumdo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take mulitvitamins doesn't matter what brand as long as its ultimate men's.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast