Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 8:59am

Style: BJJ, MT, MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Working the corner - blood stop (n00b)

Past the basics (pressure, vaseline, enswell) - Anyone have experience / advice working a fighters corner and using any kind of blood stop / coagulant / hematomic?

This is nowhere near pro fights, so no adrenaline hydrochloride or anything. Just curious if anything like a styptic pencil, blood stop or liquid bandages would be worth it.

I'll be the second corner in an upcoming fight, but I get the feeling I'll be pulling more time cornering in the future.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:15am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless you have adrenaline don't use anything OTC since most or coagulators and do not restrict the blood flow. So one hit and the scab goes as well as the medicine.

Here is the best tips I can give you.
    1. Have clean gloves for each guy
    2. Have a cold en-swell with Vaseline on the surface to prevent sticking.
    3. Have a clean rag just for that guys face.
    4. Wipe them off and clean the area.
    5. Apply the en-swell right over it and put some pressure to slow the flow.
    6. Have a glob of Vaseline ready and slap it over the cut when they tell you seconds out.

Don't stick a q-tip in the cut like you see them do at a boxing event. That has adrenaline on it and you should place it inside the cut. If you put a dry q-tip in there all you are going to do is soak up blood and when you remove it you will take away the coagulated blood and cause it to bleed again.

Above all else LET THE DOCTOR LOOK AT IT AND DO THEIR JOB. STFU AND DO WHAT THEY SAY.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:35am

Style: BJJ, MT, MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Coach, that's exactly what I was looking for. There will be Docs at the fight and I plan on staying out of their way for sure. I'm only on for one fight (3 rounds) and probably will mostly be playing water and ice bitch, but I like to be as prepared as I can.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, if it's not a pro fight they're probably going to stop it for any cuts which might need such cut man voodoo you're thinking about, anyway. :D
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.