Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    I wouldn't mind hearing the other side of the story as well.
    I just sent an Email to Paragon to alert them to this thread and to invite them to respond.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 3/17/2011 4:55pm at . Reason: To fix an editing stutter.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 2:47am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's very true, omega. Thanks.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:15am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but every contract I've seen the requires notice still bills the last month. That's why it's called notice. If I give him 32 days notice that means I'm going to be billed for the next 30 days. I'm still allowed to train that 30 days, but I'm going to be billed regardless.

If he however gave 32 days notice, they billed him for that THEN billed ANOTHER month after that, there's a problem. I'm not sure which happened though.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 9:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I would like clarity from the OP. People don't always read contracts carefully, which are heavy into semantics, and easily could have misread the 32 days the way you just described.

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 12:10pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to add some perspective from a dojo owner (11 years); I have had to become more of a dick over the years. I am still a little too soft as proven by letting 2 people of of their contracts this month. 1of them I should not have. As a business owner, what I have found out is that EVERY TIME I have helped someone out, be it waving the registration fee, scholarships and/or discounts, it has bitten me in the ass. I have had more lies and lame excuses for the reasons students and parents want out of their contracts. My favorite was their son still loved it but they could no longer afford it. I saw them the following week with a new Lexus SUV. The sticker was still on it. People have lied about having to move for work, loosing their job, and even a death in the family Non-business owners have no clue on the costs of running and keeping a school open. I am in Manhattan Beach where commercial real estate is $5 per square foot triple net (Landlord passes on all taxes). So if you want a 2000 sq ft school that is over 10 grand in rent a month.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 3:23pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi View Post
    Just to add some perspective from a dojo owner (11 years); I have had to become more of a dick over the years. I am still a little too soft as proven by letting 2 people of of their contracts this month. 1of them I should not have. As a business owner, what I have found out is that EVERY TIME I have helped someone out, be it waving the registration fee, scholarships and/or discounts, it has bitten me in the ass. I have had more lies and lame excuses for the reasons students and parents want out of their contracts. My favorite was their son still loved it but they could no longer afford it. I saw them the following week with a new Lexus SUV. The sticker was still on it. People have lied about having to move for work, loosing their job, and even a death in the family Non-business owners have no clue on the costs of running and keeping a school open. I am in Manhattan Beach where commercial real estate is $5 per square foot triple net (Landlord passes on all taxes). So if you want a 2000 sq ft school that is over 10 grand in rent a month.
    Coincidentally this happened to me this morning.

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 6:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Our side

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I just sent an Email to Paragon to alert them to this thread and to invite them to respond.
    Said member came in and dropped cancellation letter 1 week into the month of Feb. We make an effort to clearly explain the 30 day cancellation policy which is very standard in any month to month billing agreement. As has been stated prior, the purpose of this notice is to balance the company budget for the upcoming month. Without a 30 day cancellation policy it would be impossible to determine if you can stay a float for the next months bills. Said member was very unreasonable when he realized he would be charged for the last month and preceded to trash us all over the internet. 99% of members have no issues with our billing system, unfortunately there will always be people who refuse to take accountability and would rather blame others. Hope this clears things up.

Sean Apperson

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 6:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonacademy View Post
    Said member came in and dropped cancellation letter 1 week into the month of Feb. We make an effort to clearly explain the 30 day cancellation policy which is very standard in any month to month billing agreement. As has been stated prior, the purpose of this notice is to balance the company budget for the upcoming month. Without a 30 day cancellation policy it would be impossible to determine if you can stay a float for the next months bills. Said member was very unreasonable when he realized he would be charged for the last month and preceded to trash us all over the internet. 99% of members have no issues with our billing system, unfortunately there will always be people who refuse to take accountability and would rather blame others. Hope this clears things up.

Sean Apperson
    This is roughly the feeling I got from the OP
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 7:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which is our policy too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 9:28pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonacademy View Post
    As has been stated prior, the purpose of this notice is to balance the company budget for the upcoming month. Without a 30 day cancellation policy it would be impossible to determine if you can stay a float for the next months bills.
    How many students do you have?

Is the 30 day cancellation policy for month-to-month students only or does it include contracts also.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast