Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could try yelling "stranger danger!" until someone helps you.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:34am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or pull a page from the wily opossum - pretend to be dead until your assailant/predator leaves.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buy a Bas Rutten DVD, imo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, all funny comments, thumbs up to piss your self. But I am new to BJJ and Muay Thai and I would like to compete in MMA one day, nothing major just local circuit. I never really was a big MMA fan but now I think I have caught the bug. I have been watching a lot of matches lately and see the Pound and ground real hard to get out of. Any advice or move that works better than others? is it better to go for a submission or try to escape?

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:51am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reekon_Nox View Post
    LOL, all funny comments, thumbs up to piss your self. But I am new to BJJ and Muay Thai and I would like to compete in MMA one day, nothing major just local circuit. I never really was a big MMA fan but now I think I have caught the bug. I have been watching a lot of matches lately and see the Pound and ground real hard to get out of. Any advice or move that works better than others? is it better to go for a submission or try to escape?
    No matter what your mommy told you, there is such a thing as a stupid question.

Go train with an actual coach and come back when you have something more specific you want to ask / talk about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:53am

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From under mount, escape. ANY attempt to launch a counter attack from under mount will get you owned. Escape is critical.

Someone attacking while in your guard? Depends upon how strong your guard game is. Probably best to sweep them and go on the offensive from there.

Of course, you will learn this all in your training. Good luck.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 12:02pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "the ground and pound"...that's where your naivety shows. GNP is basically being controlled from any number of positions relative to your opponent, at which time he is punching you. You'll need to be much more specific to get a real answer.

Are you in a cage? Mounted? Side control? Where is he controlling you? What is your position in the cage/ring? Do you have submission skills or do you prefer striking?

Know what? fuckit. You don't know enough to even ask a proper question. Give it a year and try again. 'Til then stfu and train. With a proper coach, not in your yard with some pals.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When someone's on top of you, punching your bloody head, you're gonna want more practiced physical skills than advice from the Internet. If you're learning BJJ you should be learning how to escape from a mounted position.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 12:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, Lionknight gave me my first dumbass stupid as reply, Whats wrong wifey didn't want to stick her finger in your ass last night???

@ bombom thanks, that's all I wanted to know.

I am curently enrolled at a Academy learnin Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu at Relson Gracie Academy. It is a great place but since there are so many advanced guys there that train it is kinda hard for the instructure to keep going over the simple basics every time some random new person drops in. It is kinds sink or swim but I like it, it makes you decide how bad you want it. I am seeking private lessons with what of the higher ranking students so I can catch up and I come to boards like this to ask questions.

Lion next time your mad cause you did not get your ass stimulated I can send you a cast of my penis so you can play with that a hum your self to sleep OK?

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lion next time your mad cause you did not get your ass stimulated I can send you a cast of my penis so you can play with that a hum your self to sleep OK?
    You do know Lion could rape you and rip your penis off if he wanted to in a fight? Keep talking ****, moron.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast