Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 12:15pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Tall and lanky. My apologies for the derail, probably would be best in the basic forum. My problems are purely due to inexperience but any little tips would be appreciated. I train submission wrestling so no gi if that changes anything.

The basic escapes we get taught are the one where you trap an arm + leg and bridge roll them over, a bridge + bench press motion to butterfly and an elbow escape to half guard where you bridge to create enough space to hip escape a leg through.

The first two I've used successfully, but mainly on people significantly lighter. I think there is a flaw in my understanding of the third because it barely works when drilling or flow rolling. Another mount related problem I am regularly facing is having the person on top constantly destroying my ability to bridge by hooking my legs with his own.
    I will have a crack untill somone who knows what they are doing chimes in. For the third one I do it really violently. Push bridge push bridge and then change sides if i am getting caught.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 1:22pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly the knee elbow is the least explosive escape. It doesn't even really require a bridge if you do it right. It does however require really good shrimping. The key as I said int he post with the video is getting one leg flat on the ground. The leg you are going to pull through has to be flat on the ground or the escape doesn't work. The other leg should be up so that you force your opponents hips higher.

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 9:22pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for the advice, it might be as simple as my shrimping being ****. I'll try tonight and see how it goes.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 11:55pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The move worked for me once last night when I skipped the bridge part of the escape. Self diagnosing my problem I think i was starting with the leg flat, bringing it up again to allow me to bump and then getting it trapped trying to hip escape it through.

Stay tuned for more beginner queries, my Judo ones should just about explode heads.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2011 12:53pm

Style: BacktoSanshou, nogiBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Yes you were.That's why I quoted Nefron and not you. Pay attention and stop snoozing when you post grandpa.

You should either get much better at conveying sarcasm, or never give technical advice concerning MMA again.
    Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter, Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But my sarcasm did have some reality to it (don't know if that makes sense).

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 10:38pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSK_83 View Post
    Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter, Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSK_83 View Post
    But my sarcasm did have some reality to it (don't know if that makes sense).
    Reality as far as two elite level fighters are concerned, yes. As I recall, you were advising a guy who was basically untrained to try to pull this off in a cage match.

I don't even know if I'd advise an amateur fighter to try that unless they were an extremely skilled grappler who had significant MMA experience.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that you necro'd a dead YMAS thread to argue your dead point, or that you're still wrong, months later.

It's nice to see you on the boards though.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2011 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't trying to prove anything. I was just so bored that I decided to go to some old threads.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617