Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 11:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Japan Tsunami Appeal

I'm sure all reading this are aware of events happening in Japan and the devastating consequences of the 11th of March earthquake and tsunami. Furthermore of the difficulties that Japan's nuclear scientists are having securing and stabilising their power plants.

I would like to extend my condolences to those who have lost friends and relatives in the recent tragedy and wish all those affected the best of luck and hope they have a speedy recovery.

If any of you reading would like to make donations to assist with the recovery efforts in Japan and aid the hundreds of thousands left homeless and struggling for basic supplies like food and water.

Here are some good and trusted avenues:

British Red Cross Tsunami Appeal -The Japanese Embassy in the United Kingdom endorses this appeal

The Japan centre

Google Crisis Response - Donating directly to the Japanese Red Cross

American Red Cross Tsunami Appeal - The Japanese Embassy in the United States endorses this appeal

A Full list of all denominational and non-denominational charity groups opertaing the United States to aid the people of Japan.

Thank you for any donation you can make.

Also if you run a Japanese or other martial arts club then it would be fantastic if you could mobilise your club members to engage in some fund raising to help the people of Japan.

Sponsored throws, bakesales, providing people to assist local charities with donation collecting efforts.

All help is needed and will be appreciated by those in need.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as I put some cash into my account I'll be making a donation, and I've offered all my friends the ability to use my weightroom as much as they want for a fifteen dollar donation to the ARCTA.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:48pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its also worth noting that this is going to bring about a lot of scams also. Be careful as to who you donate money to, as there are plenty of people(probably ninjas) who would love to take advantage of this tragedy. There have already been fishy craigslist postings in my area regarding people raising money to "travel to Japan and help with the rebuilding effort" so be careful and investigate the cause you are giving your hard earned money too!

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 5:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to whoever stickied this.

I have taken all the links apart from the google one from the Japanese embassies in the UK and the US so they should take you to only legitimate aid agencies.

If anyone is in doubt about whether to donate to an agency, post a link here first so others can have a look at it and check them out.

Thanks to all those who donate.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another recommendation, for those in the US:

http://www.japansociety.org/earthquake

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 7:01am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also like to add for any potential Bullshidoka in the Kansai area that the Tokyo city office is now accepting donations. details are provided in the link, but they are looking for things like infant supplies, water, etc.

On the other hand not to be buzz killington, but the major issue at the moment is not supply or lack of money for aid (Japanese banks are as of this moment pumping billions of yen into the economy to keep it from crashing) but delivery. Today on the news I still saw reports of refugee shelters having to ration food to about a rice ball a day even a week after the quake, and as of recently all highways were closed except to emergency vehicles. There are many groups who want to get stuff out there, but again the issue is transportation/delivery and not cash.

While I've come to take many articles written about Japan with a grain of salt, at least according to Time bureaucracy and getting clearance to go to disaster areas is a big part of the problem.

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 1:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ninjutsu/karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i gave around 3000 dollars to the red cross donations

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shurikenjutsu View Post
    i gave around 3000 dollars to the red cross donations
    Gad, that's a lot of scratch! I thought I was doing good by buying some handicrafts from the local fund raising group. The world wide disasters keep coming and I figure that if we all help a little (or in your case a lot) it will help.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 3:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: singgle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will spread this message to other forum

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 12:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanuces ryu jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I donated to the red cross. I had friend whose home town in Myagi Prefecture was destroyed.