Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:29am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Moving to Thailand and...

Was looking for some form of exorcise, muay thai perhaps. So I went stumbling around The Internets until I found these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayRaP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbG2k...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THlHi...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwgyq...eature=related

It looks like I'll be living somewhere between 15 and 30 min's scooter from here. This is their website: http://www.muaythaitraining.com/s010...php?pgid=index

I'm honestly pretty excited though I will be teaching English full-time and money's gunna be tight early on, but I don't know **** about muay thai or striking at all (I did like the grappling in vid 3). I have also been talking to the taker of the videos and he said that it was originally run by a Master Samboon, but that it had recently changed hands to a former German student of his who runs it more like a gym or something. Not sure what it means, but still very interested.

And to the more experienced Thai travelers: anyone been there?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 4:06am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if the vagina smells yeasty, then at least you know they are actually a girl

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 6:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those girls that want you to buy them drinks.
    They are not really girls.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 7:14am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    * Talk with the instructors, tell them you are living/working in Thailand and not a tourist.. try for significant discount.

* Beware of women using you for a visa out of Thailand, my best friend is still recovering from this and he met the girl outside of Thailand. She took his self respect, his good nature and his dog...

* Take the time to explore Thai food, the quality and variety is mind blowing.. make sure you try their snacks/desserts too. Don't be like my gym mate who stayed there 3 months and ate green chicken curry three times a day and didn't even try thai banana roti.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 8:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Those girls that want you to buy them drinks.
    They are not really girls.
    I think you're thinking Patpong. Nana square and Soi Cowboy are more along the lines of what you had in mind.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 6:25pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    blah-blah-blah girls with dicks
    Well that was more mature than expected, and here I was thinking you were all sick, depraved and sex-starved individuals.

* Talk with the instructors, tell them you are living/working in Thailand and not a tourist.. try for significant discount.
    Yeah, Ming suggested the same thing in a PM. Also, the prices listed are >50% of my monthly salary so I wouldn't even be able to train at all if I had to pay that.

* Beware of women using you for a visa out of Thailand, my best friend is still recovering from this and he met the girl outside of Thailand. She took his self respect, his good nature and his dog...
    What kind of a bitch steals a dog?

* Take the time to explore Thai food, the quality and variety is mind blowing.. make sure you try their snacks/desserts too. Don't be like my gym mate who stayed there 3 months and ate green chicken curry three times a day and didn't even try thai banana roti.
    Never understood some people on food, how do you know if you like it or not if you don't even try? I am quite fat and plan on giving the local markets and vendors a large economic boon on arrival; my dad (who is from Sriricha) would always say "Yeah, this is good but Thai food is fresher and better" no matter if it was home-made or from a five star restaurant.

Nana square and Soi Cowboy are more along the lines of what you had in mind.
    Nana Square is in Bangkok, I'm looking at Koh Samui or something from Surat.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 6:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** yeah Cheese! I think you'll really like it there.

Remember when all else fails just clinch and hold on for dear life.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you were in Thailand you would have to do the Muay Thai. It would be like moving to Brazil and doing Kickboxing.

Had a friend just come back from thailand. The MMA gym has golden staff and thai fighters will take a dive if you hurt them early enough.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 8:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have the opportunity to train good Muay Thai, fucking train Muay Thai.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 11:05pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    If you were in Thailand you would have to do the Muay Thai. It would be like moving to Brazil and doing Kickboxing.

Had a friend just come back from thailand. The MMA gym has golden staff and thai fighters will take a dive if you hurt them early enough.
    Most of the gyms on Phuket are in on that racket, its all about engineering an enjoyable customer experience.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast