Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    5/17/2011 11:07am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I've heard people in the Bujinkan complain about how people give it this ninja connection. My response is to consider every bujinkan dojo website I've ever seen and find one that doesn't play the ninja angle. I think it's kind of the Bujinkan's fault for how they market their style.
    Speaking of "ninja connection", I've seen many a posts on this site on how the only ryuha in the Buj that have any connection to the warriors of Iga are Gyokko ryu and Koto ryu. I thought this was something conjured up by Hatsumi since Kaminaga Shigemi is considered to be the legitimate soke of both schools. How does Shigemi's lineage of both schools go; How are they different from Hatsumi's besides Takamatsu passing them down to Ueno Takashi?

Posted On:
    5/17/2011 11:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamN'Cheese View Post
    Speaking of "ninja connection", I've seen many a posts on this site on how the only ryuha in the Buj that have any connection to the warriors of Iga are Gyokko ryu and Koto ryu. I thought this was something conjured up by Hatsumi since Kaminaga Shigemi is considered to be the legitimate soke of both schools. How does Shigemi's lineage of both schools go; How are they different from Hatsumi's besides Takamatsu passing them down to Ueno Takashi?
    Let the lineage wars begin...again, again,and again

:)

Posted On:
    5/17/2011 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Shigemi tube is a microscale NMR tube used with an ordinary-size NMR tube. Shigemi tubes may be appropriate for protein NMR ...You know, science is sick and tired of Hatsumi claiming these as his own. Just because he has the patent scrolls.

Personally, my understanding of the lineage thing is thus:
    Noah was carted off to jail in spite of pleas by all the wedding guests to wait until after the vows were exchange. Derek said as a friend, he'd love to, but as a cop he has to take Noah to jail right away. At the station, Noah found out that Taylor had finally given her statement on Louie's death, but it wasn't any thing like he expected. Mateo hustled from the chapel to Taylor's to tell her that Noah had been arrested.

Taylor broke down in tears and told Matt (As she did to Derek and Jack) that she couldn't cover for Noah any more. There was no gun, she informed Noah's brother-in-law-(hopefully)-to-be. Matt said that she had to be lying, but Taylor's sobbing drew him in and he eventually ended up believing her story. Now where was Mummy to tell Matt to watch our for Taylor's fluttering eyelashes? Maria comforted Dimitri after he told her that he had served Erica with divorce papers. He broke down in tears as he recalled Erica's transformation from a loving, devoted wife to a helpless, drug addict.

A frantic Erica prepared to head to WildWinf to tell Dimmie why she bailed Dr. Kinder out of jail. It seemed as though she was going to her estranged husband everything, but Dr. Kinder brought her back to earth, reminding her that if she told Dimitri everything, he'd know about Erica's little drug altered affair with Dr. Feelgood! After Dr. Kinder professed his undying affection for Erica, she said that Dr Kinder would leave her just like Dimitri. Jonathan reassured Erica that he wouldn't with a passionate kiss. He whisked Erica of of her feet and carried her upstairs to the bedroom. Dixie, Charlie, and Cecily had an evening meal at the Valley Inn, but it turned less than pleasant when Dixie picked up a vibe that Cecily was hinting that Tad may not be being faithful to Dix.

Dixie excused herself from the table and said that she doesn't want to hear Liza's name when she gets back. While she was gone, Tad popped in, fresh off a visit to Liza's. Tad had told Liza that he doesn't foresee any more romantic lapses in the future between he and Liza and that the kisses they shared were not indicative of his feelings for her. Anyway, Tad told Charlie that he had kissed Liza once (Give the man an abacus!). Cecily overheard Tad's confession and went into shock. She told Tad that he was a traitor for kissing "the baracuda." When Dixie came back from her excursion, she walked right into Cecily's lambasting of Tad and asked to know what was going on.
    Does that make it clear, my child? Do all my children (!) understand?

Posted On:
    5/17/2011 4:48pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this is where somebody says, "STFU." Or, "Use the Search Function!!!"

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/17/2011 7:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I've heard people in the Bujinkan complain about how people give it this ninja connection. My response is to consider every bujinkan dojo website I've ever seen and find one that doesn't play the ninja angle. I think it's kind of the Bujinkan's fault for how they market their style.
    yeah, they've distanced the "martial art of distance" from the ninja thing but it's kind of saying:
    "My name is Mike."
    "Mike what?"
    "Mike Hitler."
    "LOL. Really?"
    "Yeah. So?"
    "Any relation?"
    "Yeah, he's my great-uncle."
    "LMAO. REALLY!?!"
    "Yeah. So?"

Kinda like that.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 1:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ awesome wit...pushups.

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 2:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    p.s. is there a ninjer style takedown anyone wants me to try and get on someone at Sat's Mean in teh Bean VI throwdown??? No shuriken, or cupchecks allowed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 7:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I think this is where somebody says, "STFU." Or, "Use the Search Function!!!"
    I have used "Search Function". That's where I found out about it; I just wanna know if Hatsumi's claimed lineage is similar to Kaminaga's lineage right up to Takamatsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 7:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    A Shigemi tube is a microscale NMR tube used with an ordinary-size NMR tube. Shigemi tubes may be appropriate for protein NMR ...You know, science is sick and tired of Hatsumi claiming these as his own. Just because he has the patent scrolls.

Personally, my understanding of the lineage thing is thus:
    Does that make it clear, my child? Do all my children (!) understand?
    I understand. I understand it so much that the gears in my brain are churning twice as fast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    p.s. is there a ninjer style takedown anyone wants me to try and get on someone at Sat's Mean in teh Bean VI throwdown??? No shuriken, or cupchecks allowed.