Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 7:53pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Oh, wait. That's Naruto.
    You have brought me Photoshop inspiration.

Name:  naruto derp research.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  50.7 KB

And now I cross my fingers that this gets YMAS'd soon.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpolives View Post
    I have studied Shotokan, Kodokan, JKD, BJJ, TKD, and more recently, I have been fortunate enough to study two different kinds of Bujinkan martial arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Go troll outside of the JMA forum, d-bag.

OP didn't post his actual qualifications or any way to verify his claims. So **** him. He's an idiot.
    i just want to train kodokan. why are you being mean to me?
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

:)

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    You have brought me Photoshop inspiration.

Name:  naruto derp research.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  50.7 KB

And now I cross my fingers that this gets YMAS'd soon.
    I wonder if...somewhere in a dark corner of the int3rnets, a group of ninjers-in-training are reading all the responses, and saying to each other, how the responses prove that people fear the ninjer....enough that they bash the ancient, and sacred _______(fill in the bullshit).

I'm curious at what point, do people get to say, I'm a ninjer. Not in a literal, objective sense, but in a ninjer school paid-enough-into-the-belt-system sense. How many people have actually become "ninjers"? Is it just Hatsumi, and a bunch of people dangling from his groin? Are there a hundred? what happens when you become a ninjer? I've never been clear on what line of division exists between the ninjers, and the students.

I'm not curious as to whether they're able to be badass, in an objective sense (odds are hugely against it), but I am curious how many people are walking around thinking they're ninjers....or telling other people they are.

I wish that guy had stayed around. I guess ninjer-bane is actually analytical discussion. I could play a Stephen Hawking lecture on loop, to stay safe from the 100 clans at night.

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 9:33pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Styggens, As the respected voice of ninjing here, I'd love to know if you started with a thread like this, then managed to earn respect later, or if you were wise in your early days here.
    Don't troll me, dude. I just skulk in the shadows here.

:Thoughtful:
    The first thread I remember I got sucked into was a thread on kata, and I was on the wrong side of that debate. But I'd already been dumped on my ass by a BJJ fighter before I started posting, so my illusions of invincibilty had already been shattered.

I never started a "Booj is awesome!" thread, if that's what you're asking. I've only started a handful of threads and I don't think any of them were about Booj. One might have been about the GI Joe movie, so that was about "ninjas," but it wasn't serious.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a lot of people are interested in ninjutsu because they find the concept of stealth, secret messages, and espionage physically exciting and that is the legacy of ninjutsu, regardless of the reality. I'll bet the desire to throw shuriken, kick ass, and kill people rarely factors in except for the most extreme cases.

But of course, there are much better places to learn these skills than Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu halls, which from what I can tell, teach a form of japanese jujutsu without all of those things that people go to BBT/Booj for.

No secrecy, no stealth, no hiding in mu, no dodging swords with your ninja ESP. Oh no...wait...they do that last one.

That said, a good Booj teacher is probably not much different than a good JJJ teacher, if they know what they are doing. If they are another ninja LARPer, they're just there for themselves.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/14/2011 9:51pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You people read that wall of text?

:)

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some things are universally good, bend your legs, bring your hands back, keep your guard up, don't turn your back in close, etc etc. Anyone teaching people to be a little safer, even in the absence of actual badassery or ninja-attainment, is good. Anything that teaches people to be aware of their surroundings, and some basic self defense is good.

Delusions of grandeur, buying the hype, eating the marketing, or masturbatory bar stories are bad. If someone goes in and gets fitter, and more aware of what to protect, then that's great.

Someone said up top, many of the people who could never make some stuff work, would do well in other styles/arts/sports. Some things are higher probability moves, and some styles are full of far more high-probability moves than others (as a %), making them superior in every way except for surprise...which only goes so far, and doesn't rate compared to aliveness, practicality, probability of success, ease of learning, time of mastery, ratio of effort to effect and on and on and on.

From my observation, the more the flowery **** goes out the window, the more effective it is. A higher percentage of the student's time is spent on technique equaling bi-winning, (getting fit and learning to fight) and tiger's blood to follow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:32pm

Style: cult of crapple, ATTACK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    tiger's blood
    Is obviously the secret of the booj. If you have that, your winning, duh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:43pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    From my observation, the more the flowery **** goes out the window, the more effective it is. A higher percentage of the student's time is spent on technique equaling bi-winning, (getting fit and learning to fight) and tiger's blood to follow.
    I wish many of the newer posters (including myself) had even this level of subtlety. The trolls would be much more fun.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 12:21am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    the responses prove that people fear the ninjer....enough that they bash the ancient, and sacred Art of the Costume Ball(fill in the bullshit).
    Damn, need 5 characters. First thing that came to mind.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast