You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpolives View Post
    Granted, you usually wont hear that someone is out to get you, but sometimes you do as well. Granted, for the first scenario you have to be able to hit them good enough to buy you time to run and disappear, but there are many ways you might do this. The easiest would be [some ninja bulshit] The basic concepts were all I was trying to illustrate. There are a million ways those two approaches could be applied.
    I think that, for you anyway, if you find out that someone is "out to get you", you should tell a grown-up and let them sort it out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate / Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is like trying to argue with deaf people. I have already responded to most of what was said but people keep repeating the same **** over and over. And no I will not give my name because I am not in the habit of giving personal information over the internet to people who dont even have the smallest amount of courtesy. You say "**** you" from post one and expect me to give you information about me like youre some kind of fucking authority that I have to prove myself to? Eat a dick. Have any of you ever fought a ninjutsu practitioner in a full-on fight? Im not talking about sparring, randori, or MMA. Im talking about real life where anything goes. Because if you havent, then you too are making assumptions. I say I know how to break a neck because I was taught how by a marine friend of mine. No, I have never done it. You say my style is ineffective yet I doubt you have ever fought someone like me without rules.

Compliant training means that you are letting the person do the technique. We dont do that at my school. The suggestion about having someone run after you trying to seriously hit you with a shinai is actually a good one. I will suggest it at the next class. But the only difference between that and before will be that they are moving instead of standing still. You guys are defining compliant as everything except sparring and randori. If a person is trying their best to attack you, and you have to avoid or get hurt, that is not compliant. They are trying to hurt you and you are trying to avoid it. You know its coming but you dont know the exact moment.
    and speaking on the realism of sparring and randori: unless you are a complete asshole, you arent using the full potential of your style when you spar. No matter how much you want to win, this person is still your training partner and you dont want to do them any serious harm. That isn't the same as a person who is legitimately trying to injure you.
    No martial art can completely simulate real combat, so most just get as close as they can. We all try to simulate it to the best of our ability, but without full intent, even that falls short. The simple act of including sparring/randori in the curriculum does not a badass fighter make. I agree it should at least be included in all styles, but sometimes it leads to people training and preparing not for real defense, but for sport fights.
    To put it another way: Mike Tyson is a badass boxer, so there is NO WAY I would ever jump in the ring with him...that's his kind of fight. However, I would fight him in real life because I would be free to go after his legs, which he probably isnt used to defending. And yes, if I had to fight Mike Tyson I would pull out any dirty trick I could because I know he's the better fighter. But Ninjutsu isn't about winning trophies. It's about survival.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:31pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh? How old are you?

'I'd fight Mike Tyson becouse I'll fight dirty...' You're living in a fantasy world mate. He'd fight dirty as well and seeing as he's a trained fighter he'd absolutely destroy you. This is presicely what's wrong with Ninja, wishful thinking encroaching on wild fantasy.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike might actually rape you, and I don't mean that figuratively.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:38pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even Leung Ting, the Grandmaster of Wing Tsun, one of the most flamed styles on this site and among combat athletes, states "There Are No Such Things as the so-called 'Secret Supreme Techniques' ":
    "... Actually this is completely impossible because there are several requirements to develop a 'supreme technique'. Firstly, the technique must really possess a significant practical fighting value. Secondly, the master must tirelessly practice the same technqiue daily, preferably with a real partner.
    So-called 'supreme techniques' must combine the four elements of 'fast, aggressive, accurate, and heavy'. These four requirements cannot be attained without daily painstaking practice of the same movement repeatedly.
    Therefore, only the most frequently applied techniques can become 'mechanical reflexes'. Furthermore, sandbags or other training equipment must also be used to develop a striking power that far exceeds that of the average person. When fighting, this technique must automatically emerge in an instant and heavily strike the opponent, causing him to be knocked out on the ground. Only in this way can it be called a 'supreme technique'.
    Even if the most apparently ordinary punch or kick is used with expertise and renders the opponent defenseless and unconscious on the ground, then it can be considered a 'supreme technique'. There is absolutely nothing mysterious about this.
    Claims about "secret supreme techniques" or "missing techniques" are only suitable for kungfu fictions. No matter how practical or profound a technique is, if it is insufficiently trained, in the frenzy of a practical fighting context there is not even half a second's time to 'think things over'.
    Most likely, the 'supreme technique' would not even be halfway completed before the opponent effortlessly slips away to knock one flat on one's back with his favorite combination.
    Might it be that for this reason there is a saying among the Chinese masters: One who fights disorderly can knock down an old kungfu master?"

In other words: The best technique is the one that works. The ones that work are the ones you train. And the best training is done against a real partner, so the techniques are not secret. Real masters master the basics.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you shut us up by fighting a good boxer and showing us the video? Hell, a lot of us would settle for a mediocre boxer.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:41pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Why don't you shut us up by fighting a good boxer and showing us the video? Hell, a lot of us would settle for a mediocre boxer.
    A boxer with the same amount of training time as you have, ninpolives. 3 months, right?
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Because his techniques are deadly and unsporting, he couldn't bring himself to use them on another human simply to satisfy the demands of a crowd of baying fools like us.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i feel like this needs to be brought up in such occasions.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=52223&page=1
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    In other words: The best technique is the one that works. The ones that work are the ones you train. And the best training is done against a real partner, so the techniques are not secret. Real masters master the basics.
    The best technique of all is a strong ninjer grip.
Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161 ... LastLast