1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    insie space in ju jitsu

    Can someone explain the inside space to me in ju jitsu, and how you control the inside space.

  2. #2
    TaeBo_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,002
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You misspelled your thread. Also, I'm not big grappling expert, but this sounds like a rather complex skill question. Talk to your coach. I would suspect it's something you'll learn gradually as your skills improve.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!


    "You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

    - The Wastrel

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    225
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    You misspelled your thread. Also, I'm not big grappling expert, but this sounds like a rather complex skill question. Talk to your coach. I would suspect it's something you'll learn gradually as your skills improve.
    I agree with TaeBo_Master, talk to your coach/instructor. Apart from that I did find this:

    To my knowledge it is literally the inside space eg When in half guard whoever has the underhook has control. Person on botton prevents crossface by controling opponents arm which could be reffered to as the inside space. They may also aim to establish an underhook which again would be the inside space. In oth positions opponents limbs would be on the outside of yours hence inside space.

    Same thing applies to the majority of positions think of when someones in your guard trying to control your biceps and you work to bring your arms inside and establish maybe head control again your arms would be on the inside.

    Thats my understanding anyway
    I'm not a grappling/BJJ/etc expert, hopefully the above helps you.

    -Ken

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you asking in reference to standup or on the ground?
    What type of jujutsu are you training in?

  5. #5
    TaeBo_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,002
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He claims a BJJ style, so I'd guess ground.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!


    "You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

    - The Wastrel

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, thankyou.
    I will leave this to someone else then.


    Cheers.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    106
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkatninja View Post
    I agree with TaeBo_Master, talk to your coach/instructor. Apart from that I did find this:



    I'm not a grappling/BJJ/etc expert, hopefully the above helps you.

    -Ken
    This is correct, it basically is keeping control of the space between your thighs and shoulders and inside of your shoulders, like when your transitioning from half guard to side control, maintaining constant pressure and contact with your opponent with your chest and stomach to control their body motions.

  8. #8
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by manzini View Post
    Can someone explain the inside space to me in ju jitsu, . . .
    rustyflexx's explanation is a good one.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyflexx View Post
    This is correct, it basically is keeping control of the space between your thighs and shoulders and inside of your shoulders, like when your transitioning from half guard to side control, maintaining constant pressure and contact with your opponent with your chest and stomach to control their body motions.
    Quote Originally Posted by manzini View Post
    . . . and how you control the inside space.
    I've been working on it for ten years, and I'm still not where I want to be in terms of skill. How much time do you have?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO