Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:46am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Whenever I watch Omega's videos I can see hung ga "flavoring" a lot of what he does, it's definitely part of his overall personal style (which is obviously a composite of a lot of great styles).
    This is the problem with kung fuers. They see "their" respective arts where many times they don't exist. When they do exist it is blown way out of proportion. Go read many of Omega's replies on kung fu and MMA. You aren't the only one to do it I have done it as well.

Also, go read Ming's recent epiphany regarding Hung Ga and Judo. It is very telling and you'll understand why many of us, who do or did CMA, are very harsh in our critiques.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Also, go read Ming's recent epiphany regarding Hung Ga and Judo. It is very telling and you'll understand why many of us, who do or did CMA, are very harsh in our critiques.
    Let me rephrase then I didn't mean to imply I see Hung ga in every single technique Omega performed, but I can catch glimpses of hung ga because they are there after all. It's like finding Waldo.

If this is the post you're referring to, I was in total agreement (next post) with that. Ming wished that he'd done Judo before Hung ga because he felt Judo taught basic skills that most CMAers aren't taught when they are sent out into the world with the d34dly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    as i have said before, i think anyone seriously interested in practical CMA should train judo first. after a few years of judo, you will be able to tell a good CMA school from a bad one, and will have a delivery system that will allow you to use your CMA better.

personally, i wish i had done judo before hung ga, but now that i am in judo i feel that i understand hung ga much more.
    I really liked his use of the term "delivery system" and I guess that's where I understood his point best. It's a feeling he got from Judo, like a CMA bullshit detector. It's definitely shown me value as well.

And well...we both love Hung ga anyway.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/14/2011 11:12am at .

Registered Member

Style: 
    lazy

Posted On:
    3/30/2011 5:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ vs Kung Fu

why was he being such a dick? did the little nerd say something wrong?

Registered Member

Style: 
    BJJ

Posted On:
    3/30/2011 8:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ vs Kung Fu

That BJJ guy is lucky the kung fu guy didn't use the one inch punch...or even worse, engage his chi...

Registered Member

Style: 
    BJJ, TKD back in the day

Posted On:
    4/07/2011 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    why was he being such a dick? did the little nerd say something wrong?
    read the first page or two of the thread. Yes the little nerd did say something wrong.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345