Registered Member

Style: 
    BJJ/MT/MMA

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega,

I've seen that vid before. You have sick skills. Love your guard passes and leglocks.
    Can I ask in what ways you have used Kung Fu to "flavour" and influence your grappling game ? Any examples from that vid you can point out to me ?

Administrator

Style: 
    Chinese Boxing

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 3:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread with a good technical discussion, but I can't see what you do with your right hand at the beginning, are you grabbing under and clearing his leg?
    I'm just posting with it. I do nothing with my right arm until the end where I stuff his left leg.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedtaco View Post
    Omega,

I've seen that vid before. You have sick skills. Love your guard passes and leglocks.
    Can I ask in what ways you have used Kung Fu to "flavour" and influence your grappling game ? Any examples from that vid you can point out to me ?
    Actually the Eagle claw that I did really helps me to understand how to apply the pressure of certain locks. My stance training taught me how to drive my hip and shift my hip motions to shift balance control. I could've done it without the kung fu training but it would've probably taken me longer.

At 1:56 in that video you can see what I'm talking about, with my hip motion and at the end you can see me reaching to pressure cavities to grab onto people, and that take down was more kung fu than Judo or SAMBO.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Style: 
    (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 6:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude...nice bridges. I swear I saw at least one bong sau. I have learned a lot just watching how you apply your gong fu techniques when rolling.

God damn I need to go use some of the hung gar I've learned in a good Judo class...wait til those bitches see my jing.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/13/2011 6:18pm at .

Registered Member

Style: 
    BJJ, TKD back in the day

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    That video was pretty ugly. Just looked like a NOOB against a veteran. Also, was that a USMC tattoo on his leg? Just wondering, I could really tell.
    The bjj guy in black is a former marine. His warm ups are fun!

Registered Member

Style: 
    BJJ, TKD back in the day

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 6:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega,

You've got a slick ground game. I'm very impressed.

:)

Style: 
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 6:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Yes and no. In order to turn it into a figure four you have to adjust the legs a bit.
    so Omega > Rick Flair
    Name:  omega.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  95.6 KB

pro nonsense self defense

Style: 
    FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Posted On:
    3/13/2011 10:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I need to go use some of the hung gar I've learned in a good Judo class
    That's what Ming Loyalist thought too.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Style: 
    (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 6:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    That's what Ming Loyalist thought too.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Whenever I watch Omega's videos I can see hung ga "flavoring" a lot of what he does, it's definitely part of his overall personal style (which is obviously a composite of a lot of great styles).

pro nonsense self defense

Style: 
    FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
    He's the better person to ask.

Whenever I watch Omega's videos I can see hung ga "flavoring" a lot of what he does, it's definitely part of his overall personal style (which is obviously a composite of a lot of great styles).
    I see it in the standup. Not so much on the ground. Not at all in a rolling figure 4 leglock vs the guard, but if he says it's there I'm not one to argue.

Administrator

Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 10:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bakmeidude View Post
    That guy aint a kung fu guy let alone a fighter.

Yeah any martial art can best any other martial art it's the fighter not the system. I seem to be able to best most grapplers using just Kung Fu. But of course they say i'm cheating cause i'm using dirty moves. I counter with this is combat fighting not sport fighting which is what I see in a lot of grappling and MMA. IMHO not practical for the street.

For me I'd rather strike a guy than wrestle with him. Instant incapacitation works best. thats why tasers work better at ending a conflict than a cop trying to wrestle somebody into handcuffs.

I say when the chips are down poke out his eye, break his arm while hes still standing and then elbow him in the base of the skull than try and submit him. Don't worry he'll fall to the ground all by him self. And, I'd never ever be stupid enough to go to the ground with somebody else in a fight. Great way to have his friends kick your head in like it's a rotten pumpkin.

but anybody who really understands kung fu and trains with it will be a dirty fighter cause in reality dirty is the only real way to fight. Real kung fu can look more like combatatives than flowery movements when understood and done right.. sad that the art has degenerated into a bunch of clueless idiots doing wushu. No wonder any BJJ guy can kick most TCMA asses.

Now don't get me wrong ground work is critical in being a well rounded fighter. YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO WORK ON THE GROUND. Period. But it's not as critical as one would thing. I don't feel that most fights degenerate to two people going to the ground. somebody always ends up on the ground but usually cause they slip or are tossed there. but not usual for both parties to pull each others hair and mount the other rolling around on the ground.

But I'm a kung fu dork so in the end what do I know. except that I win way more often than I loose. and yes I've lost before. . . badly. but usually it's the other way around.
    Ahhh look whose back. We need to open the bull book to see how long you last before you troll the wrong thread and get banned.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast