Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 12:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmac View Post
    i think it will be interesting to see if his latest loss has motivated him to change camps or re-evaluate his training, in my opinion he is suffering from the best guy at his gym syndrome he is not getting any better because there has been no one to beat on him
    Bingo. Though, in all fairness, he's gonna be the best guy at most gyms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

:)

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    Here's hoping Fedor can run his fat Russian ass around the block a few times and lose some weight.
    He's going to need to get dietary on it, in my opinion. Remind me when Fedor has ever gassed? His cardio and conditioning are off the charts. You don't need a washboard to fight. last I heard, he runs 4-5 miles every morning, all year. Hell, his coach said he was going to take a couple of days off, after the fight. A couple of days???!!? The man is a beast...and I'm not certain him failing to deck a literal giant w/ a bjj black belt w/ 45 or 50 lbs on him means he needs a fork stuck in him.

I'd also guess he'd still be a betting favorite against all but perhaps 2 fighters at HW. I'm still more excited about his next fight, than any other.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While Slim Fedor With Awesome Sixpack would indeed give me a 12 foot erection, this is not going to happen. Agree with PSB in that the man doesn't seem to be that interested in fighting anymore, and until I've seen evidence to the contrary, I believe he is going put on sub-par performances for reasons of cash money.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 1:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    While Slim Fedor With Awesome Sixpack would indeed give me a 12 foot erection, this is not going to happen. Agree with PSB in that the man doesn't seem to be that interested in fighting anymore, and until I've seen evidence to the contrary, I believe he is going put on sub-par performances for reasons of cash money.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 2:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why people just equate being skinny with being in shape, I know plenty of skinny guys who gas faster then some heavier ones.

I do think Fedor was a bit small for HW, but really, who was going to complain when he was winning?
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 2:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why people just equate being skinny with being in shape, I know plenty of skinny guys who gas faster then some heavier ones.

I do think Fedor was a bit small for HW, but really, who was going to complain when he was winning?
    ^^^ this. Now he'll just have to fight people his own size.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor just needs to train a better ground game he doesn't need to go down a weight class. People keep using the fight against Bigfoot to say he's too small for hw, but remember he did lose his previous fight with an even sized opponent and that fight came down to the ground game as well.
    He just needs a better ground game and we would be undefeatable again.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 10:21pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really hope this fight happens. Fedor is one of the very few people who I would root for over Henderson.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 10:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Fedor just needs to train a better ground game he doesn't need to go down a weight class. People keep using the fight against Bigfoot to say he's too small for hw, but remember he did lose his previous fight with an even sized opponent and that fight came down to the ground game as well.
    He just needs a better ground game and we would be undefeatable again.
    He needs a better ground game, but Werdum is a fucking giant, don't kid yourself. Fedor is barely 6'0".

Posted On:
    3/11/2011 12:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Fedor subscribed to weight cutting, he'd likely have been at 205, for his career. It's just not something he's done, and training every day all year has served him well, and let him essentially fight bigger framed individuals so much that being the bigger man, like the Lindland fight, actually had people mocking him.

at LHW, he'd lose some of his speed advantage, but his punching power would be all the more devastating, relative to the size of his opponent's heads/chins. He folded Lindland in 2, like crate paper, I imagine we'd see more of his sambo, were he to fight guys his own size, and isn't trying to manhandle guys with 15-120 lbs on him.

He's got the will to fight still, as evidenced by him almost competing in Sambo, before deferring to his NJAC medical suspension.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast