Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 1:42am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh. I'm pretty ambivalent about the T part of LGBT. More power to the transgenders as long as I don't have to pay out of my own pocket for all the hormones/surgeries/whatever.

Sure was a sick throw, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 4:26am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post

You understand that "tranny" is a slur, right?
    Yea, Im not a news anchorman, I can totally get away with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 5:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    Yea, Im not a news anchorman, I can totally get away with it.
    I think you missed the point that you said nobody had said anything blatantly homophobic and then followed it up with a blatantly homophobic statement. That is the connotation that the word tranny has.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 5:40am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TS/TG people make a choice
    Hilarious....wait no, its sad and you're ignorant.

I am a bit disappointed - but not at all surprised - by some of the negative comments towards the transgender woman here, since it does reflect the views that are present by some in society. I am also grateful for the kindness some of you have shown in understanding this transgender woman's situation. blah blah blah
    You know what I'm disappointed about? That you read 2 comments that taken in context were obviously tongue in cheek and even if weren't were obviously outliers in an otherwise urbane conversation, joined the site, tried to troll, then threw down your facebook url like thats something that people do. Not to mention that you are 55 goddam years old. Too old for acting like a teenager.
    Last edited by Soldiermedic; 8/04/2011 5:57am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    No he's not. He's right. They choose to undergo surgery. That isn't the same as being gay. Gay you might be attracted to the same sex but you stay with what you are born with. If you get surgery to become another sex that is a choice.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 6:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    No he's not. He's right. They choose to undergo surgery. That isn't the same as being gay. Gay you might be attracted to the same sex but you stay with what you are born with. If you get surgery to become another sex that is a choice.
    Substitute the word "surgery" for "treatment". Why should someone be opening themselves up for ridicule for something that improves their quality of life, and makes them a more healthy, complete person. No one(should) be made fun of getting medication or counseling for their violent tendencies due to a mental health diagnosis, or using a prosthesis for a missing limb, even though it is certainly their choice to take these interventions.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 6:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Substitute the word "surgery" for "treatment". Why should someone be opening themselves up for ridicule for something that improves their quality of life, and makes them a more healthy, complete person. No one(should) be made fun of getting medication or counseling for their violent tendencies due to a mental health diagnosis, or using a prosthesis for a missing limb, even though it is certainly their choice to take these interventions.
    No I won't substitute surgery for treatment because it NOT the same thing. Becoming transgendered is ELECTIVE SURGERY. It is not something that is NEEDED because it is fixing a condition.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 6:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    No I won't substitute surgery for treatment because it NOT the same thing. Becoming transgendered is ELECTIVE SURGERY. It is not something that is NEEDED because it is fixing a condition.
    So you think that all these crazy guys and gals are doing it for shits and giggles? Cause to me it doesn't seem like a fun way to spend the rest of your life, or even the rest of your weekend.

Do you not agree because it is a physical intervention(surgery) attempting to correct a physiological problem(hardwiring of the brain)?

Or is it more that you view the surgery as something elective and purely cosmetic that ts/tg persons do to improve the quality of life(eg nose job, breast augmentation)?

Because I see it as the only effective intervention to solve a very real physiological issue.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 6:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    You understand that "tranny" is a slur, right?
    It sounds cute though. Kinda diminutive.

Paying a shitload of money and going thorough all that hormone therapy and surgery to change your sex pretty hilarious to me. Am I evil?

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 7:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you think that all these crazy guys and gals are doing it for shits and giggles?
    Are you being dumb on purpose? If not don't give me **** like this. I never said they did it for the shits and giggles. I know very well why they are doing it. I am pointing out to you that you are ignorant for telling someone he is ignorant for saying TS/TG choose to have surgery.

Cause to me it doesn't seem like a fun way to spend the rest of your life, or even the rest of your weekend.
    It doesn't matter why their doing it it still elective surgery (ie NOT REQUIRED). They can go their the whole life without it and fine. They are going it because of psychological disorder not a physical one better suited to be treated with therapy not a knife.

Do you not agree because it is a physical intervention(surgery) attempting to correct a physiological problem(hardwiring of the brain)?
    Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Physical intervention would mean that it is done to correct a physical problem that would make living life difficult or potentially life threatening. If they never get the surgery the can still live out healthy lives. It will be up to them to learn to cope with it just like the many before them.

Or is it more that you view the surgery as something elective and purely cosmetic that ts/tg persons do to improve the quality of life(eg nose job, breast augmentation)?
    It is purely cosmetic. They will only appear to be a woman they will never be one. If you like I can go into great detail about the procedure and the cost for the extras, such as creating a cavity for actual intercourse. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience dealing with this.

Because I see it as the only effective intervention to solve a very real physiological issue.
    You mean the only one you really know of. Before gender reassignment surgery what did people do? (No they didn't all kill themselves.)
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast